Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 500, Clevertraining
Quote | Reply
http://www.clevertraining.com/...ith-gps-neutral.html vs http://www.clevertraining.com/...n-edge-500-blue.html

What is GPS neutral vs GPS enabled? I've never seen anything like that listed anywhere else.

I probably shouldn't, but those are good deals, and I want cadence/auto logged workouts, since I'm too lazy to use strava on my phone and my current computer is a cheap limited $25 thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are the same, just different colors :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy Christ. Nice to see those came down $100 frickin dollars since I bought one a month and a half ago. Same deal on Amazon. Damn.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriWithT1 wrote:
Holy Christ. Nice to see those came down $100 frickin dollars since I bought one a month and a half ago. Same deal on Amazon. Damn.

Yeah, I wasn't in the market, and I'm broke...but at these prices...

I was originally planning on the wahoo bluetooth speed/cadence sensor with a new iPod touch, but a cycle specific computer(more durable, water resistant, + GPS) with a HRM thrown in for cheaper? Hmm...

rbuike wrote:
They are the same, just different colors :)

Thanks.

By chance can you set the backlight to stay on? I do a lot of riding with an extended commute home, getting out between 9 and 11pm.
Last edited by: JSully: Nov 28, 14 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had to have the red/black one from a LBS a few years ago... to the tune of $350!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
By chance can you set the backlight to stay on? I do a lot of riding with an extended commute home, getting out between 9 and 11pm.
One quick tap on the power button turns the light on/off. I have it set to "Stays On" and "100%" so that when it is night, one click and it stays that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get them down to $135 at Arts Cyclery.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$205 for the red/black bundle with the cadence/speed sensor&HRM at art's cyclery as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. i have wanted one for a while. even looked this morning and didnt see any good deals.. this was a no brainer at 135
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
Thanks.

Several programmable backlight modes. I have to set to stay on. You can push a button on the upper left to switch it on or off. Yes, very nice for early morning rides. Light intensity/contrast are adjustable too.

I have trouble coming up with anything I don't like. Some things would be nice to have features, but nothing I'd pay more for.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I'm torn again between the FR10/edge 500 combo vs. a new 910 or 920. The all-in-one device is certainly attractive but you can get all three individually for cheaper than the 920 (though the 910 deal through CT now is much less at $239 w/o heart rate).

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get $119 at Nashbar? The best I could do was $144 with 20% off.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500, Clevertraining [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
119 on nashbar...

I'm with barrel_o_monkey, nashbar at $144. How did you do if for $119?

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply