Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 235 HR Broadcast
Quote | Reply
I have been looking at the Garmin 235 to use as a running watch and noticed it can broadcast HR to an Edge bike computer. I have a few questions as this relates to a triathlon.

How hard is it to get the watch in HR broadcast mode in T1 for the bike leg?
Once the bike leg is complete, what must you do to save your bike segment and start a run segment? Does the Edge record the HR on its own or is the watch saving the activity?

Any help with this would be great. It looks like a nice solution to the crappy HR strap but if it involves a million button presses and tons of time waiting for things to sync mid race it isn't worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 235 HR Broadcast [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i must say mine didnt really work - dropping out all the time - even riding tt bike close to my edge (520)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 235 HR Broadcast [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used it on the indoor trainer w/ zwift, no problem, but it is like 8 button presses to navigate the menus to flip it on. Not something I'd want to do while riding out of T1.

Also I don't know how much power it drains in that mode. It is not a tri watch, so the battery might not hold up for the entire bike+run.

Edit: also to your question - during the bike, your 235 would broadcast HR but you don't start an activity on it. Start the bike activity on the Edge. Save that when done. Then start a normal run activity on the 235.
Last edited by: spudone: Dec 1, 17 0:28
Quote Reply