Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin .fit file error - help!
Quote | Reply
so took my first cycling trip, to Tucson, and rode up mount lemmon on the first day. most amazing ride of my life, and i get back to upload the activity to discover the .fit file shows no data, except that I was in Tucson AZ (garmin calls the activity "Tucson Cycling"), and my ride lasted 5 seconds.

The map pin location for the start of the ride is correct but it seemed to only save the first 5 seconds of my 4.5 hour ride.

I have tried the .fit file repair tool (which has worked for me before), to no avail.

I have the edge 500. I deleted the history a few weeks ago so full memory space is not the problem. When looking on my computer with USB hooked up, file size is shows as just 1KB (shouldn't it be bigger?). Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of recording, it recorded the whole thing perfectly, with HR and everything, and I did the reset to save it just like I always have done after every ride for past 4 years.

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts about what happened to this file or how I can try and repair/fix it?? It kills me to not have the data from arguably my most epic and memorable ride ever!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin .fit file error - help! [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 kB means it’s not recoverable, you use Mac or pc to delete before trip?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin .fit file error - help! [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pc
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin .fit file error - help! [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t sound like you did much wrong, maybe time for an upgrade,the 520 is such a better unit
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin .fit file error - help! [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neilridley wrote:
Didn’t sound like you did much wrong, maybe time for an upgrade,the 520 is such a better unit

Don't disagree at all, wondering if I can't save some coin tho since I'm planning on splurging on a 1x system.
Quote Reply