Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Galen Rupp @ Boston
Quote | Reply
In through 15 in in a touch over 45 minutes with all the leaders. How is he going to do today?
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
In through 15 in in a touch over 45 minutes with all the leaders. How is he going to do today?

It's 70*F and sunny with a tail wind so cooling will be critical. I see Jordan Hasay and Desi L dumping water on themselves regularly to stay cool.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where to get online updates? I can't log in to the nbc stream.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://raceday.baa.org/default.html

http://sports.le.com/...ive/1020170410112537

Narration in Chinese.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Last edited by: hblake: Apr 17, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/athletics/2017/03/07/fbi-joins-probe-mo-farah-coach-alberto-salazar/

https://www.si.com/olympics/2017/03/05/alberto-salazar-doping-investigation-usada-leaked-report-nike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4279534/Alberto-Salazar-controversy-details-USADA-report.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/25/alberto-salazar-link-mo-farah-leaked-us-report-usada-russian-hackers

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/sports/usada-track-and-field-doping-jeffrey-brown-investigation.html

Last edited by: aerobike: Apr 17, 17 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Down to 2 at 20 miles. He's one of them.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just passed 24 mile mark. About 15-20 seconds behind leader.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is almost champion again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the tracker, second by 21 seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Came 2nd. Great performance. PR by a few seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirui laid down a monster surge to gap him. The announcers said a 4:26 mile. Great work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good run by Galen. Anyone else torn while watching? On the one hand,.."go America",....on the other hand. Ugghhh, Nike Oregon project. http://www.spiegel.de/...nners-a-1137229.html
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Jordan Hasay, her time compared to the elite mens times is pretty dam good, even though she only got 3rd. The Womens race was much more competitive than the mens it looks like, 2;23 for third, that time can win the race on many years...

I bring her up because she is a local runner from around here that went to college to be a star, but never really panned out. I think because the race were too short, so we will see how she does in world class marathon running. Early results are promising..
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:
Good run by Galen. Anyone else torn while watching? On the one hand,.."go America",....on the other hand. Ugghhh, Nike Oregon project. http://www.spiegel.de/...nners-a-1137229.html

Nike Oregon had #2 and #3 men plus #3 woman (who ran the 4th fastest American female time in her debut race).
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:

I am not worrying about stuff outside my control at this point watching pro sports. Whether it is the Oregon project, Sky, Movistar, the New England Patriots etc etc....someone else has to monitor that all these guys are playing inside the rules. I'm just going to donate my eyeballs to the advertizers and watch the show because it is entertaining. Hopefully I am watching a level playing field, but if I am not, I won't be surprised.

I would have preferred if Galen won because I have no belief that any of his competitors are doing anything indifferently from what is going on at the Oregon project. Salazar does not have a monopoly on access to whatever means the rest of the world has access to. We'd be a fools to believe the others only do things on bread and water and the 7000 ft altitude in Iten Kenya.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amen, Dev.

Rupp looked really solid until that 4:26 mile by Kirui. I thought he was going to drop the hammer on the hills, and pull away.

Americans are running great races even outside NOP. Clayton Murphy is a college student at AKRON who got a bronze medal in the Olympics 800 last year and just ran 1:43. I simply don't think a low level D1 college kid has the money and ability to score PED's.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Amen, Dev.

Rupp looked really solid until that 4:26 mile by Kirui. I thought he was going to drop the hammer on the hills, and pull away.

Americans are running great races even outside NOP. Clayton Murphy is a college student at AKRON who got a bronze medal in the Olympics 800 last year and just ran 1:43. I simply don't think a low level D1 college kid has the money and ability to score PED's.

He probably doesn't have the money, but his dad might.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
.... We'd be a fools to believe the others only do things on bread and water and the 7000 ft altitude in Iten Kenya.

Yeah, nothing to see here on the Kenyan front;

Jemima Sumgong(EPO)
Rita Jeptoo(EPO)
Wilson Loyanae(EPO)
Pamela Chepchumba(EPO)
Julia Muraga(EPO)
Ronald Rutto(EPO)
Lilian Marita(anabolic agent)
Emily Chebet(Furosemide)
Agatha Jeruto(Norandrosterone)
Francisca Koki(Furosemide)
Joyce Zakari(Furosemide)
Mathew Kisorio (Norandrosterone)
Rael Kiyara (Norandrosterone)
Elizabeth Muthuka (Norandrosterone)
Janet Ongera (Norandrosterone)
Agnes Jepkosgei (Norandrosterone)
Bernard Mwendia (Norandrosterone)
Judy Kimunge (Norandrosterone)
Joyce Jemutai (Norandrosterone)
Koki Manunga(Nandrolone)
Mutai Julius (Norandrosterone)
Mutinda Joseph (Norandrosterone)
Isaac Kemboi (Norandrosterone)
Benjamin Kiprop (Norandrosterone)
Philip Kandie (Norandrosterone)
Tanui Stephen(Norandrosterone)
Nyankabaria James(Norandrosterone)
Jepkoech Chepkorir(Norandrosterone)
Kiplimo Jacqueline (Norandrosterone)
Chepkorir Emily (Norandrosterone)
Viola Kimetto (Norandrosterone)
Flomena Chepchirchir (? six months)
Susan Chepkemei (Salbutamol one year)
Pauline Kahenya (Prednisone one year)
Simon Kemboi (Nandrolone)
Sammy Mutahi (? disqualification of results)
Cyrus Gichobi (? eight months)
David Munyasia (Cathine)
Stephen Kibet (? two years)
Elizabeth Chelagat (? two years)
Ndirangu Alice (Clenbuterol)
Kipkurui Benjamin (Methylprednisolone)
Lydia Cheromei (Clomiphene)
Delilah Asiago (?)
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dogmile wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
.... We'd be a fools to believe the others only do things on bread and water and the 7000 ft altitude in Iten Kenya.

Yeah, nothing to see here on the Kenyan front;

Jemima Sumgong(EPO)
Rita Jeptoo(EPO)
Wilson Loyanae(EPO)
Pamela Chepchumba(EPO)
Julia Muraga(EPO)
Ronald Rutto(EPO)
Lilian Marita(anabolic agent)
Emily Chebet(Furosemide)
Agatha Jeruto(Norandrosterone)
Francisca Koki(Furosemide)
Joyce Zakari(Furosemide)
Mathew Kisorio (Norandrosterone)
Rael Kiyara (Norandrosterone)
Elizabeth Muthuka (Norandrosterone)
Janet Ongera (Norandrosterone)
Agnes Jepkosgei (Norandrosterone)
Bernard Mwendia (Norandrosterone)
Judy Kimunge (Norandrosterone)
Joyce Jemutai (Norandrosterone)
Koki Manunga(Nandrolone)
Mutai Julius (Norandrosterone)
Mutinda Joseph (Norandrosterone)
Isaac Kemboi (Norandrosterone)
Benjamin Kiprop (Norandrosterone)
Philip Kandie (Norandrosterone)
Tanui Stephen(Norandrosterone)
Nyankabaria James(Norandrosterone)
Jepkoech Chepkorir(Norandrosterone)
Kiplimo Jacqueline (Norandrosterone)
Chepkorir Emily (Norandrosterone)
Viola Kimetto (Norandrosterone)
Flomena Chepchirchir (? six months)
Susan Chepkemei (Salbutamol one year)
Pauline Kahenya (Prednisone one year)
Simon Kemboi (Nandrolone)
Sammy Mutahi (? disqualification of results)
Cyrus Gichobi (? eight months)
David Munyasia (Cathine)
Stephen Kibet (? two years)
Elizabeth Chelagat (? two years)
Ndirangu Alice (Clenbuterol)
Kipkurui Benjamin (Methylprednisolone)
Lydia Cheromei (Clomiphene)
Delilah Asiago (?)

Note that this would read "exactly like" an NFL starting lineup list for any team if you actually tested (just change which drug appears in brackets). If you are in Kenya and reasonably good you can dope and be awesome and make a decent living or you can undope and make nothing and go work on the farm....no different than the college kid trying to get into the NFL. I am not saying I agree with it, but if you can dope in Iten and win the Mumbai marathon and score $100,000 and not be tested or score several $10's K finishing in the top 10 in many marathons or get paid to be a pacer, vs tilling soil in a field in Kenya, what do you think the kid will do? We're viewing this from a western rich guy altruistic lens vs the poor Kenyan "get rich through athletics" lens. You need to view this like the poor kid from the NYC projects trying to make the NFL and understand the jackpot that elite marathoning is for these guys. This is not a game for your 40 something banker to lose weight after getting off the couch and Boston Qual and post the finisher medal on facebook!
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
sto wrote:
Amen, Dev.

He probably doesn't have the money, but his dad might.

There are a lot of PEDs that can be had extremely cheaply. Look at Christian Hesch. Drove over the border to Tijuana to buy EPO. Guy works as an EMT. In the BBC/ProPublic expose, they just did some shopping via Tor and bought EPO from China.

Testosterone, HGH, and others are easily obtained from any number of "male enhancement" clinics - like NuMale, the one time USAT sponsor.

And one simply needs to do a brief perusal of the USAT HRL to see how many OTC "supplements" contain - typically by design - very serious PEDs.

I would not consider cost to be a significant barrier to PED use. If anything, that ought to be the biggest lesson from Kenya/Ethiopia/Jamaica/etc. It's that these drugs can be had cheaply and easily. These are not wealthy countries. It's the more sophisticated, TUE-based stuff that requires the real money.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, because pig farmers from Ohio are generally rolling in dough.
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we just turn this thread back to a discussion on the actual racing and tactics vs who doped or not. To level the playing field, let's just assume we're all watching pro sports and everyone is doped/blood manipulated/TUE manipulated. But there is still a race going on on that playing field.

Just like Rio, Rupp was able to hang in on a "hotter day" which should be unfavorable for a larger guy (large is lose term here, but he's larger than a lot of elite marathoners) and manage the day and hang in for second in a sub 2:10. I would like to see that Galen can run on a course like Berlin with a bunch of pacers. He clearly has the 5000m and 10000m speed to hang with the fastest Kenyans in the 2:03 range. He's only run two marathons that are a competition for position, not a TTT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I would have preferred if Galen won because I have no belief that any of his competitors are doing anything indifferently from what is going on at the Oregon project. Salazar does not have a monopoly on access to whatever means the rest of the world has access to. We'd be a fools to believe the others only do things on bread and water and the 7000 ft altitude in Iten Kenya.

You are likely right, but I'm not going to be calling these pro athletes by their first names. To me that seems to be telling these athletes and everyone else, I'm cool with anything you're doing.

Hasay is the story of the day for me. What a mixture of emotions must have been going through her head this morning.

lnspiring to see former winner Amby Burfoot finish another Boston. He has now joined three other runners known to have finished marathons in 7 consecutive decades - http://www.7decadesmarathon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Galen Rupp @ Boston [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Hasay is the story of the day for me. What a mixture of emotions must have been going through her head this morning. "

https://www.facebook.com/...s/10155262738542010/
Quote Reply

Prev Next