Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GPS computer AND speed sensor?
Quote | Reply
For those who have a garmin edge or similar which can show GPS speed do you also have a speed sensor or just rely on the GPS data? I know cadence is a different issue, but just wondering if I should drop my garmin speed sensor. I would lose it on the trainer I guess but arguable how accurate or meaningful that is anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS computer AND speed sensor? [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Garmin magnetless speed sensor. This makes your speed and distance data more accurate. I've found this out when I forgot to transfer it over from one set of wheels to the other. I use it for both indoor and outdoor rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I only rode outside, I would lose the speed sensor and just use GPS. My speed sensor is always on (except for races) but my outside training wheel does not have a magnet on it. My trainer wheel does have a magnet so I can get speed on the trainer. I know speed is useless on the trainer but I personally like to have an "idea" of the distance I rode on the trainer for tracking weekly totals and such.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the speed sensor; much faster reaction to speed changes and more accurate for things like top speed at the end of a sprint.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a magnetless speed sensor with my edge bike computer because it is more accurate and consistent than gps. Also you'd be surprised how often you lose satellite signals. Lots of our hill climbs are under trees and we drop gps all the time.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply