Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GPS/HR Monitor (wrist HR)
Quote | Reply
Seems like I'm reading a lot of these are hit and miss? Which ones work best for a runner. Doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles, primarily looking at gps with a non-strap heart rate monitor?

Fitbit flex? Garmin? Etc etc?
Quote Reply
Re: GPS/HR Monitor (wrist HR) [Fruitcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, not only are some of the devices good/some bad, but often they are inconsistent between people. So, buy one from a place that allows returns if it doesn't work for you.

If you don't like chest straps, get a scosche optical hr band. It is cheaper than the Mio, can go in more spots and has more "it works for me" reviews. Then, you can use whatever watch you want.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS/HR Monitor (wrist HR) [Fruitcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have been a few threads about this recently that I posted on (I've tried a few). One of the ones I tried and returned was the TomTom multisport watch with wrist HR. I didn't find the HR worked well for me but it seems like most of them don't work that well for me so it may be my wrists. The one consistent note across the ones I've tried is that the wrist based HR works best while running but not great while riding, working out in the gym, etc.

The reason I posted was to tell you that the TomTom multisport and running GPS watch with wrist HR is on sale on The Clymb today at a pretty good discount.
Quote Reply