Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Met Chris through AmerZof and other NE races.... was fortunate to get his wise sage at Epicman then IMLP..... he was never at a loss for words or comment

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [Chipmunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salt of the earth.

And I hardly knew him. You could just tell.

Chris pulled along side me at AmZof this year. He could have passed me w/o trying. Instead, he asked if I had a ST "handle" when I told him I, in fact ,did he pulled along side me. We proceeded to share a laugh and ease each other's suffering and then he encouraged me as he pulled away. Later, at the post race festivities, he greeted me like we were long lost friends. I'm sure glad I had an opportunity to have that beer with him. The tri community, and the world just lost an incredible human being.

My condolences to his family.
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [KevinMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as a father, a husband and a athlete I find it hard to put my condolences into words.

my best to his family in these trying times.

God speed, Chris.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tragic. Condolences to his family and friends.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this up...

As a father of three young boys and a husband to a wonderful giving wife I can not put into words my true feelings nor say anything that would make it better. Your dad and husband was quite a man you should be proud, I know he was of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my heart absolutely breaks for this family and the devastation they must be going through. I hope all who are feeling this loss find peace. take comfort in that others are with you in spirit.

http://www.hooslisa.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing, sorry for your loss

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An amazing human being. My condolences to everyone, the world is a good bit less awesome today.

When I was debating going to law school, he went out of his way to give me advice, to listen to my options, and to just be a caring person. Getting to share a warm cosmo with him at AmZof was a moment I will never forget. Even if that amount of alcohol would usually make moments a bit hazy for me.

Simply a great dude, in so many, impossible to describe ways.

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the fortune of enjoying a beer with Chris and some others at the LP Brew Pub after IMLP'11. It was my first IM and I could tell Chris was genuinely excited for me.

We sat in adirondack chairs outside, chatted about our races that day (he crushed it), and cheered on some final finishers by raising our glasses as they passed by. It was one of my fondest memories of a great week. Everyone was mellow, drained, and happy.

He was a great guy and will clearly be missed by so many. I'm heartbroken for his wife and kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for writing that tribute and giving a little background on Chris. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Chris.

Dan Meehan
Coach / Athlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I read the news from the Philly marathon, in no way did I suspect I would know one of the individuals who had passed away. I did not know Chris very well, but I did ride up Whiteface with him and a group of others. That experience and the countless ST readings and replies is enough for me to feel the tragedy of this event. I am deeply saddened, and shocked by this event. While no words can ever do something like this service, please know that his family will be in my thoughts and prayers, during this difficult time.

Jon
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran Philly yesterday. It was a beautiful day for running and I didn't hear about either death until some time that afternoon. Much later I found out it was a fellow triathlete and runner. Chris, I never met you in person, but my thought are with you and your family. It's obvious you were a good soul and touched many lives. Godspeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man... I really had a ton of respect for Chris. I'm so sorry to all of his close friends and family. This really tears me apart...
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will never truly understand why sometimes the best are taken from us way too soon. My heart goes out to his family. What a sad day.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [sevenride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found this...

http://www.legacy.com/...on&pid=154713119

I "knew" Chris from his extremely generous contributions towards the EN community. We should all be inspired to be as fun loving, generous, and thoughtful as Chris was to his close friends and even relative strangers here on ST or his EN team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrible, just terrible news. My condolences to his family and all that knew Chris G.
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tragic news...from all us Aussie triathletes 'downunder' we offer our thoughts & prayers to Chris's wife, children, family & friends. I didn't know Chris personally & never met him but from reading these posts it's obvious he was a loving husband, family man & a great competitor.
To the Slowtwitch community, we are thinking of you during this sad time.

God Bless & 'BattleOn'
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [JWU42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JWU42 wrote:
Just found this...

http://www.legacy.com/...on&pid=154713119

I "knew" Chris from his extremely generous contributions towards the EN community. We should all be inspired to be as fun loving, generous, and thoughtful as Chris was to his close friends and even relative strangers here on ST or his EN team.

Thanks for posting this.
Obviously, Chris lead a full & fruitful life. As time passes, hopefully this will help heal the pain for his family.
RIP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read this post shortly after going out for my run today and as a wife and mother to 4 children my heart is really with Jenny. I can't begin to imagine the pain of her day and my heart goes out to her and her children. As I ran I thought of her and her babies and how much they will miss their daddy and my stone cold heart bled as my eyes watered. I held her close in my heart and wished her strength. I remembered my babies (who are no longer babies) when I came home I asked them to hold her children in their hearts and send them good thoughts from time to time and strength for the years to come.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My condolences to Chris' family. Truly a sobering moment to find out a fellow athlete (of the same age no less) passes away while engaged in life.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even though I never met Chris, I feel like I know him through this board. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's brutal. I never met Chris, but I do remember his handle/posts.

My thoughts and best wishes to his friends and family.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met Chris at IMLP 2008 and he could not have been a nicer guy. That day bonded many people together and I was proud to banter and debate a lot of things over the last few years. He will be missed.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got word of this yesterday and it was truly shocking. My heart breaks for his family and it sucks that dude is no longer with us. I enjoyed my many interactions with him here and at EN. I also got the chance to meet him at the Syracuse 70.3. We didn't know who each other were at the time but I just saw some dude in the post-race chow line with a gaping, bloody wound on his leg (pic above) so I had to ask him about it. It wasn't until a couple days later that I realized I had met a fellow EN teammate.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a search of his posts and read a few, wanting to experience him as if he were a living, breathing member of this community one more time.

I'm sorry that this happened. My condolences. R.I.P
Quote Reply

Prev Next