Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [KevinMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad. Thoughts go out to his wife and children.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never met Chris personally, but he had a profound impact on me nonetheless. I got to know him through Endurance Nation, then here on ST, and eventually on FB. He's the guy that always left positive messages on your FB page before a big race or after a tough day of training. His passion for his family and his sport was palpable even via the often impersonal internet. I will miss you Chris. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of those morning his loss.

Fred
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you intend to post the pic upside down?
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yoda, myself, Chris and ML the night before Timberman 2009. Chris is no doubt smiling because he just convinced us not to be weasley triathletes and sneak off to bed @8pm and instead to have "1 more round." He had many positive attributes, but counting to the 1 in "1 more round" was not one of them when hanging out with friends. As ML commented later: "Shame we have to suffer thru that race thing there in the middle part. I really much prefer the before and after. "

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only met Chris once in person . . . at Lake Placid 2010. He was extremely friendly and didn't hesitate to answer any question thrown his way. I always respected his opinion on this board and thought he approached every response with a thoughtful eye toward being as helpful as possible. That said, he certainly had a great wit and posted some of the funniest one-liners, but you never got the sense that he was being arrogant or critical. I'll miss his posts on Slowtwitch, but I can only imagine how difficult this time must be for his family right now. My thoughts and prayers are with them in this trying time. RIP, Chris.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Nov 21, 11 10:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My condolences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I competed against Chris but never met him. But, in a way, I think we all knew him because he is us. He found a way to fit something that he loved to do into his busy schedule and when he wasn't competing, he talked about it with us and we can all relate to that. It really hits home.

Chris' comments on ST got my attention because they were positive and constructive and you can never get enough of that. That's what I'll remember.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
such a tragedy and so sad.
My condolences, thoughts and prayers to his family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met Chris at Lake Placid 2008 (the year it RAINED ALL DAY). We met up for a practice swim a day or two before the race and again post-race with Record10Carbon (Chip) to watch the final finishers that night. Super nice guy! Such a terrible tragedy! Shows this sort of thing could happen to any of us. Live every day like it's your last! Tell the people you love how you feel about them!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sad indeed. Our thoughts are with his family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like many people in this forum, I read much more than I post. One of the people that I enjoyed more reading was Chris G. he surely helped me and so many others by sharing his thoughts genuinely.

What a tragedy! I wish peace in his family hearts. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Antonio
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never met Chris either, but agree that his personality really seems to come out in his LP race report. Thought it would be good to post a link to it here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g=lp%202011;#1894526

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never had the joy of meeting Chris - and like many only enjoyed his presence electronically. But he was an amazing human being in every aspect.

Our family will pray for his family in this very taxing time..

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My prayers are with his wife and kids. I met Chris this June at the Lake Placid Pub. He seemed like a great guy. I wish i would have had "one" more round.

Dean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin thanks again for posting this.
I only talked to Chris through ST a few times myself. He along with David helped me out with my latest accident. Wish I could have gotten to know him better. He was and is what ST and triathlon is about :0(

Quote | Reply
Very upsetting news. While I was fortunate enough to meet him at American Zofingen (twice), I only wish I could have known him better. He was the kind of a guy you wanted to know. He would be racing hard and more importantly he would be having more fun on the course than anybody else. Knowing that he was a well-rounded and nice guy, Chris' time at LP this past summer was really an inspiration to me.

RIP Chris. My thoughts are with your friends and family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, what a tragedy....always that way when someone way to young passes away. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, especially at this time of year...
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only knew him through his posts, but what a great contributor and truly one of the good guys. He is missed.

My warmest thoughts and prayers for his family, loved ones, and all who knew him.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [TriAya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For everyone knew Chris, he lived life big and did everything 100%. He packed more into 40 years than most people could do in 3 lifetimes. I admired him because he was the type of person who decided to do something and the next day he would be doing it. He walked the talk in every way. He was also the type of person who loved people and would do anything for someone who he cared about, but never mentioned it (very humble). Even though he became faster and faster through his running and tri career he would be more than willing to run with other people because he "just wanted everyone to play."

Chris loved this community and made many good friends here. At night you could often see him having a beer, watching a Yankee's game, and surfing Slowtwitch.

He was a loving husband, father, son, uncle, and brother. He adored his wife and was so proud of his kids.

As his brother-in-law, he was always great to me and welcomed me into the family.

Even though it was brief, I feel lucky that my son got the opportunity to meet his awesome uncle who loved him so much.

"Uncle Chris is cool."

Love you always,

J, C, and O
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [vttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for jumping in and sharing from the family side. Hope all of you are coping OK.
Quote Reply
Re: G. Chris Gleason Tribute [vttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My condolences on your family's loss. It is tragic.

On a post back in May, in a conversation about considering having a second child, Chris said, "Even when you are not getting along with your brothers or sisters, they are still your brothers and sisters. There are no bonds as strong. I am 4 years older than my only sister. While we have had long periods where we did not get along and hardly ever see eye to eye on anything, I could not imagine not having her in my life." It was obvious that family meant so much to him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still remember the first Epicman Chris cam to. He followed me around, looking up to me like I was the triathlon Yoda (not because of any talent, but because I had done so many IM races). Looking back on that today it was indeed an honor to ride with Chris on that Epicman and others. Whenever Chris saw me at a race he was sure to come up to me and say hi. I just cannot believe he will not say hi to me again. This simply does not make sense to me. My deepest condolences to his wife and their two children.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin,

Thanks for posting this. Nothing can really be said or added. The few times I spoke with him (both before and after he kicked my a$$) he seemed like a great guy. I can't imagine what his wife and 2 kids are going through.

Barry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aweful news. My deepest condolences to Chris' family.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My condolences to the family. R.I.P.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply

Prev Next