Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold....
Quote | Reply
Based on earlier post about swimming with sleeveless suit in water below 60F.

[.reply]Promotion wetsuits has a neoprene top that you can wear under a sleeveless wetsuit to keep you warm.[./reply]

Out of curiousity, could a person wear one of the T1 (or Dos / Tres) tops over or under a sleeveless suit? I only ask b/c desoto.com had Tres tops on sale for $80, approximately the same price as the Promotion tops.

Assuming a good fit, would the swimmers equilibrium in the water be thrown off by so much material around the torso?

maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [mauric6943] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how a two piece wetsuit top would work, but I believe that the thickness would be over the legal neoprene limit (5mm). The tri-sleeves are only 1mm around the torso. The promotion tri-sleeves goes for about $80 also (clearance models for $60--limited sizes) I'm going through hood river next weekend and hope to find last years model (solid black) because this year they have red stripes--not good with black/blue QR sleeveless
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [Rocky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Rocky: I purchased the same tri sleeves top to go with my QR sleeveless for the Mighty Montauk tri on June 7th. Please let me know how this set up works for you in your upcoming race. I'm mostly curious about transition time, the amount of over-floatation in the torso area and warm. Good luck with your race.
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [mauric6943] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
I only ask b/c desoto.com had Tres tops on sale for $80, approximately the same price as the Promotion tops.

maurice
[/reply]

Where and when did you see this sale? I just checked out desotosports.com and didn't see any sale price, ~$135 for the top I think. Thanks

A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looke don desotosports and saw that the tres top was not on sale... where did you see the sale?

thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He must've meant Dos.
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.desotosport.com/

there's an illusive menu pull down thingee that says "sale items" go there and scroll down. I tried to send the direct link but it didn't take. You can always call 800.453.6673 and ask about the dos.

If that fails the people at Promotion/wetsuit.com (tri sleeve makers) are super freindly and helpful.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Full suit alternative re:How cold it too cold.... [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did mean the Dos top.

http://www.desotosport.com/products/specials.asp

Could this top be worn over or under a sleeveless suit, i.e. QR Longjohn??

maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the DOS was designed for that purpose but the one at Promotion/Wetsuit.com was. I ordered one last week from them (last year's model at a discount). I'm going to be swimming in the Atlantic Ocean off Montauk, NY on June 7th (The Mighty Montauk/Oly Distance) and the expected water temps are hovering in the low 50's, which is why I ordered it, to wear under my sleeveless QR. I'll let you know how well it works in a couple of weeks.
Quote Reply