Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fuji D6 brake caliper question.
Quote | Reply
Anyone who has a fuji D6 have installed a barrel adjuster to their brakes?

My problem with them now is swapping wheelsets. My training wheels are narrower than my race wheels. So when I put the training wheels on the brake lever compression play is so big that it almost compresses to the bar end. So I was wondering if any. D6 owners has tried putting a barrel adjuster on the brakes.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 brake caliper question. [johnj2803] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem but didn't try that. I bought wider training wheels to match my race set.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 brake caliper question. [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
I had the same problem but didn't try that. I bought wider training wheels to match my race set.

Thanks. So when you remove the wheels you just yank it out too? IT didn't affect the brake adjustment? The brake track is not the widest part that has to travel between the brake pads. It is still the tires. I am just worried that it will have an effect on the adjustment of the brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you're asking but the bike shop adjusted my brakes so that I just swap the wheels out as needed no brake adjustment required.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them on my front brake, it was installed when I purchased the bike, used from my BIL, it seems to work pretty well, I have been thinking of adding one for the rear brake as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to optimize aero, the brake track should be wider than the tires, or at least the tire shouldn't be significantly wider. For example, on my Flo 90's I have 23mm GP 4000sII tires and don't have to do anything special to get the wheel out
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 brake caliper question. [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Bontrager brake levers that have built-in barrel adjusters for this reason. However, I don't foresee using it much in the future as I intend to have my training set and race set to be very similar in width. Still good to have the option though.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 brake caliper question. [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
I have them on my front brake, it was installed when I purchased the bike, used from my BIL, it seems to work pretty well, I have been thinking of adding one for the rear brake as well.

That is great! I thought I would never get someone who has them. If you can please post a picture I would greatly appreciate it! :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnj2803 wrote:
MacCTD wrote:

That is great! I thought I would never get someone who has them. If you can please post a picture I would greatly appreciate it! :D

Here is a picture if you need anything else let me know.
Last edited by: MacCTD: Nov 20, 17 7:39
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 brake caliper question. [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks. I will be doing the same thing.
Quote Reply