Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Freak bike accident photos (open w/ caution - photos not very pleasant)! [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa.

I hope that fellow is OK.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Freak bike accident photos (open w/ caution - photos not very pleasant)! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh boy - it resurfaces!

Yes, rider is doing well as I saw him at a local send off party for some of our Kona Qualifiers. On crutches and smiling as usual. He did mention in e-mails to our cycling club some minor skin graft issues, but I'm sure I'll see him out on the bike this spring!

Re: Freak bike accident photos (open w/ caution - photos not very pleasant)! [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap Doc - glad this resurfaced, that is just wild! Happy to read the positive outcome though - thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh boy - it resurfaces!

Yes, rider is doing well as I saw him at a local send off party for some of our Kona Qualifiers. On crutches and smiling as usual. He did mention in e-mails to our cycling club some minor skin graft issues, but I'm sure I'll see him out on the bike this spring!
Considering the angle and the penetration, he's also lucky that it didn't completely blow out the achilles tendon.

And I agree, I worked ambulances and Air Force ER for a long time, you see some seriously weird crap. Like the guy with his **** stuck in an upright vacuum cleaner...

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rod, I just saw this thread, saw you as the orig poster, and wondered if this was the freak accident I was thinking of...and it is. I was NOT on the ride on that day, but was with the group the following morning. The group got real quiet when we hit the trail. Some pictures were sent later that week and one of the fellow riders said our subject's spirits were good (there's even a picture with him giving the THUMBS UP sign with the branch still in his leg). He had sent me his IMLou race report and he is definitely a "glass half full" kind of person.

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude... That's way fake, eh?

It'd have to be way more mangled to get through the tibia and fibula in there and there'd be much more in the way of bruising around the wound itself. Also, the foot would be lacking in colour because of the lack of blood and there's no real swelling!

If you're going to go through that much trouble, at least do it up a bit more...

BPS

-
Naturally Fit Coaching
naturallyfitjeff@gmail.com
facebook.com/pages/Naturally-Fit-Coaching
twitter.com/jeffbabister
Quote Reply
Re: Freak bike accident photos (open w/ caution - photos not very pleasant)! [Big Papa Smurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would think this would be totally fake. I mean how the heck does a branch that size go through your leg? I have been out with the G4B group though so find it hard to believe that they would just make this up. Geez, I thought I just had to worry about cars and other cyclists!
Quote Reply
Re: Freak bike accident photos (open w/ caution - photos not very pleasant)! [TMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that is who you are thinking!

To others ... good luck out there.

Quote | Reply
I don't think your last post is real. The characters don't look quite
black enough. The font is also a little off. I think you may have photoshopped
in a few extra periods and other punctuation.

-Jot
Quote Reply

Prev Next