Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame vs. Component Importance
Quote | Reply
Hello, I'm visiting some shops in a couple of weeks in hopes of finding my first TT bike.

Because of what I know of my previous fittings with road bikes, I usually fall into the short leg long torso group. For this reason I am thinking of a Felt B14 or Cervelo P2, but also interested in others if a better fit. As a disclaimer, I will be fit for the proper bike and this will be the primary deciding factor; however.....

I have read that the Felt B14 is not stiff enough. Granted, I don't know the people reviewing, but seems to be a somewhat recurring report. If such where the case, when compared to a P2 would you lean toward better components (Ultegra on the B12) over perceived better frame? Or would you pursue a better frame over better components?
Quote Reply
Re: Frame vs. Component Importance [cricket1116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a noob, but I'd go frame over components. Easier and cheaper to upgrade the components down the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame vs. Component Importance [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
I'm a noob, but I'd go frame over components. Easier and cheaper to upgrade the components down the road.

+1 plus pick the frame that fit you best..not what being told by those salemans or from "uncle joe" .

Formerly known SCENERYNW
Quote Reply