Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fort Worth area swimming
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, just moved to the Roanoke, TX area and getting back into shape and want to start training for Ironman Texas 2019.

Have run a couple marathons but has been over 5 years. Overall ready to train and have fun. If anyone could reccomend a good place or places to swim it would be appreciated, also any tri clubs in the area that wouldn't mind newbies would be great.

Thanks for the help! !!
Quote Reply
Re: Fort Worth area swimming [dhpflyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Welcome to the area!

North Tarrant Cycling Club I think is based in Roanoke. They have a Facebook page.
They also sometimes join the Playtri Ft worth weekend ride which is pretty solid with various groups at various speeds/distances when it gets warmer (some still cycle now but group is smaller). Playtri Ft Worth probably has a tri group too. They have some weeknight rides too. If you are willing to drive a bit more, Playtri Colleyville usually has tri sessions at night (indoor trainer, runs, lifting/plyometric type stuff etc). Not sure about swimming out there. Check out local YMCA, 24 fitness, LA fitness etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a nice natatorium pretty close to you in Keller...a lifetime fitness in southlake/colleyville...there is a tri club that does consistent swims out at lake grapevine...Irontex Triathlon...they do some nice long rides going through that area and Roanoke too...there Is actually a decent climb there...for this area...
Quote Reply
Re: Fort Worth area swimming [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information. Does anyone ever ride around Texas Motor Speedway?

Also any recommendations on a good Bike Shop in the area?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes...lots of riders out at the speedway too...boring...but pretty safe... that tri group I mentioned earlier rides out there a lot too...there are plenty of bike shops around...everyone kind of finds their own way...What works best for me is working with James over at Fort Worth Cycling and Fitness...I have not found anyone that gives me better deals on bikes...and my favorite wrench in town is there too...Jason...but as I said...everyone has different thoughts/preferences...there are other shops closer to Roanoke...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ride I mentioned above goes by that general area
Quote Reply