Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Force22 cranks on Quarq Red22?
Quote | Reply
Hi again,

I made a mistake... bought a CD0.1 with FSA Neo Pro....googled it, found that the CD0.1 has BB30.... so I bought a used 4 months old Quarq SRAM Red22 BB30.... for about 50% of the new price...sweet deal!

Then I removed the Neo Pro TT chainset...and..surprise...External BSA bearings where coming vissible...Ehm??? (googled again...first year of the CD0.1...2009...the bike has BSA instead of BB30)

Question....

The Force 22 GXP crankset is for sale for 200,--, it looks like this set has the same crank-to-spider connection as the Quarq SRAM Red22, so, can I use those to replace them? :

Quarq SRAM RED22:

SRAM FORCE 22

Quote Reply
Re: Force22 cranks on Quarq Red22? [scighera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scighera wrote:
Question....

The Force 22 GXP crankset is for sale for 200,--, it looks like this set has the same crank-to-spider connection as the Quarq SRAM Red22, so, can I use those to replace them? :

I don't have a definite answer but I would guess the quarq arms are force arms? maybe?

I have a S900 spider on my desk and it looks identical to that in regards to mounting and the S900 and Force 22 power2max is the same unit.

On that note you can find some S900 cranks for a little cheaper than the force, at least when I was looking but I did seem some fluctuation. Also the S900s can be found with CX ring combos so this might be the season to resell those easily.
Quote Reply
Re: Force22 cranks on Quarq Red22? [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
scighera wrote:

Question....

I don't have a definite answer but I would guess the quarq arms are force arms? maybe?

I have a S900 spider on my desk and it looks identical to that in regards to mounting and the S900 and Force 22 power2max is the same unit.

On that note you can find some S900 cranks for a little cheaper than the force, at least when I was looking but I did seem some fluctuation. Also the S900s can be found with CX ring combos so this might be the season to resell those easily.

Thanks for the input!
S900 are hard to get here in The Netherlands, so the Force is the only option... I think it's worth a try, if it doesn't fit... I can return it... I think ordering a red22 by Quark will cost me twice the force crankset...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The interface is technically the same between the Force cranks and the Quarq interface however there is a particular installation and cure process with the Quarq cranks. If this swap is done in the field, it can cause variations in your zero offset that can lead to erratic data from the Quarq and excessive zero offset shifting. We can swap the cranks for you here at the Spearfish, SD factory but due to product branding, we can only make the swap to the proper Quarq branded arms. This is a free service other than the cost of the cranks and shipping and we also install a stock spider to the original cranks so they can still be used as a normal crank set. If you would like to set this up or have any other questions about this, please email thinkfast@quarq.com or call 800-660-6853.

Rob
Quarq Tech Service

Quarq Tech Service
ThinkFast@Quarq.com
800-660-6853
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you called up QRoo and see if something like Rotor's 30mm axle threaded bb works with your Red22 Crank. The folks at Quarq can confirm whether the Red22 crank is bbright-compatible. I thought for some reason it has the longer axle (and NDS spacer).

Here it is: http://rotorbike.com/products/road/bsa_38 (UBB30)

Might save you a lot of hassle.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Force22 cranks on Quarq Red22? [Rob@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Derf
Thanks, but that is not an option, the axle is too short to handle the wider bracket...

@Rob
Thanks for your reply, I allready send an email to Quarq(support), with the question and also a request for the price estimation (just don't like it to ship it to the US and back, it's a long way :) )
Quote Reply