Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Foot Pain
Quote | Reply
about a month ago, a strange pain showed up in my foot.... thought others may have experienced something similar, or know about it.

the outside front portion of my foot almost feels 'broken' only when 1) i first get out of bed in the morning, or 2) if i squeeze my foot from the bottom with the opposite hand. it doesn't hurt during regular activities, or even while running. although if i'm sore from a long run, then my foot starts barking.

my run mileage has actually been low. i have a couple suspicions...... change in weather? it's super cold, i'm not outside much, but humidity outside can be as low as 5% (yes 5%). it did not happen in previous years, so my main suspicion lies in 5 month new cycling shoes. the arch originally felt unnaturally high, but i got used to them, and actually think they are kinda cozy now.

any thoughts on what the injury may be, possible causes, and most importantly..... how to get better?

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply
Re: Foot Pain [TheMonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds very familiar I had the same foot pain about a month ago, it's the running shoes I would suspect, I bought new running shoes that were more stable and less cushioned and now no more foot pain.
my 2 cents,
Spencer
Quote Reply
Re: Foot Pain [TheMonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to watch out for plantar faciitis, pain first thing in the morning is a big warning light for it. I've been fighting with it for the last month because I ignored it at the beginning. The best thing for you to do is check your shoes, if they are at all worn get new ones and start stretching your calves and feet
Quote Reply