Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo Disc/Aura 5 v. Aeolus7/9 Combo
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

Here is my current dilemma. I am running an Aura 5 front, and a Flo Disc (1 year old) in the rear for triathlon. However, I have the opportunity to sell those and buy a set of brand new Aeolus D3 wheels. I would go with a 7 front/9 rear because I am 5'11 and 145 lbs. I was debating a front 90mm but I feel it would be easier to handle for me with a 70mm.

What are your thoughts? Any info on what would be faster overall?

My main next race is Ironman Arizona 2016 so, take that for what its worth.

Thanks!

Any info what so ever is appreciated.
I cannot go buy another brand due to the cost, it is either stick with what I have, or ditch and go with Aeolus TLRs. As much as I would like to buy a set of ENVE's (If anyone wants to give me a set though, I'd be for ever grateful, haha)
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Disc/Aura 5 v. Aeolus7/9 Combo [MUTri23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally would swap to the Aeolus combo, they are a sweet wheelset and I recon in an unbiased wind tunnel session would be more aero than your current set up. That's just my opinion though, I know some people prefer discs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't matter I wouldn't do it if it cost any money in the end
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Disc/Aura 5 v. Aeolus7/9 Combo [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The price difference is minimal. Only $200ish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MUTri23 wrote:
Hey All,

Here is my current dilemma. I am running an Aura 5 front, and a Flo Disc (1 year old) in the rear for triathlon. However, I have the opportunity to sell those and buy a set of brand new Aeolus D3 wheels. I would go with a 7 front/9 rear because I am 5'11 and 145 lbs. I was debating a front 90mm but I feel it would be easier to handle for me with a 70mm.

What are your thoughts? Any info on what would be faster overall?

My main next race is Ironman Arizona 2016 so, take that for what its worth.

Thanks!

Any info what so ever is appreciated.
I cannot go buy another brand due to the cost, it is either stick with what I have, or ditch and go with Aeolus TLRs. As much as I would like to buy a set of ENVE's (If anyone wants to give me a set though, I'd be for ever grateful, haha)

As far as a rear wheel goes, a disc is always the fastest option on a course like Arizona. I'd use a disc on that course without a doubt if I was racing there. As for the front wheel... the Aeolus D3 7 will likely be faster than the Aura 5 if you can handle it. I'd race a disc and the deepest front wheel you can confidently handle.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply