Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
You should sell a front 30 and a bare rim as a "kit" so people can lace up existing Powertaps. I plan on ordering a pair of 30s and tearing the back one down for the rim. It doesn't make me happy but there arent many good rim options.

plus 1.

I am more then willing to buy a set as listed above so I can get a powertap laced into the hoop. I can't justify buying a complete rear wheel and pull it apart, that doesn't seem right. Unfortunately I am not going to wait until 2015 for a powertap/Flo 30 set to be released.
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Sep 12, 13 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
You should sell a front 30 and a bare rim as a "kit" so people can lace up existing Powertaps. I plan on ordering a pair of 30s and tearing the back one down for the rim. It doesn't make me happy but there arent many good rim options.

I was thinking the same thing, but ended up getting a Kinlin XC-279:

http://www.bikehubstore.com/category-s/162.htm
-or-
http://fairwheelbikes.com/...cher-rim-p-5431.html

Very happy with the rim and how it built up with my PT hub. Been riding it 4 months now and no regrets.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there are lots of wide rimmed options out there these days. I like my Flo 60/90 and would like to stay loyal to the brand, but without a PT option or the ability to buy the hoop, I'm not going to be able to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Yes, there are lots of wide rimmed options out there these days. I like my Flo 60/90 and would like to stay loyal to the brand, but without a PT option or the ability to buy the hoop, I'm not going to be able to do that.

Hello crank based power meter...?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the huge price drop on the PTG3, justifying a crank-based power meter is hard for someone planning to mainly use one wheelset. Given that one of Flo's selling points is race wheels you can use every day it seems odd that this is taking so long, and I'd say it could wind up hurting them if they weren't selling out so quickly. 2015 is a long way off for a slight tweak to drilling patterns and a new hub option.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sailnfast wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

Hello crank based power meter...?

I'd much rather change a rear wheel then to have to swap out the cranks depnding on which bike I want to ride. I also run a 165mm crank on my tri bike and 172.5mm on my road bike so swapping back and forth would not work. A PT, on the other hand, would be ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:

+2 and +3...this is exactly what I want to do for my wife and I...FLO you have customers who are not buying because you are not offering this...just say'n.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [toughie96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toughie96 wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

+2 and +3...this is exactly what I want to do for my wife and I...FLO you have customers who are not buying because you are not offering this...just say'n.

Given that they are still selling out every order, I having a few people who aren't buying because of the lack of PT compatibility probably isn't a big concern at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True...but they probably still want the feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy a FLO 90 set right now if they had a powertap drilled fairing. I'd even pay full price just for the fairing/rim combo only.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
I would buy a FLO 90 set right now if they had a powertap drilled fairing.

Heh, no you wouldn't, because they don't have any in stock and they wouldn't take your money.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is interesting. I would have thought that building the wheel would be the limiting factor in wheel production and that the extrusion process for an all aluminum rim would be the easy part. Just shows how little I know!

Thanks for the response
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris,

Are the 30/60/90/disc all 11 speed compatible? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Teamzero86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a set of 30s on the most recent order. You pay a small upgrade fee (~$30?) to get the Shim/SRAM 11 sp freehub. They also give you spacers so it'll work w/ 9/10 sp along w/ a 9/10 sp hub.

I would presume all the wheels are this way.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
~$30 for the wheelset or per wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Teamzero86 wrote:
~$30 for the wheelset or per wheel?
Uh, all front wheels are 10,11,12 and 13 speed compatible. :-p
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha touché! Duh on my part :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My rear wheel w/ the 11 sp upgrade was $304. I think it's $274 before the upgrade.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Teamzero86 wrote:
Hey Chris,

All wheels with the exception of the FLO DISC are currently 11spd compatible. We are still working out the DISC. The new spacing has forced us to change a few things around and we want to do some thorough testing before making it official.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try and get those spacers for sale on the website for those of us who have previously made purchases.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Rival10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rival10Carbon wrote:
Try and get those spacers for sale on the website for those of us who have previously made purchases.
Thanks!

We are not creating spacers, rather, we are adapting to the new spacing Shimano/SRAM have created. If there is a conversion kit available, we will make it available to all who already have FLO DISCs. It's a little early to tell right now.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Aeolos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Aelos,
How are the wheels?
I am in NL to and was planning to get the Flo 30s in the next pre order!
-Arnout
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [arnout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arnout wrote:
Hey Aelos,
How are the wheels?
I am in NL to and was planning to get the Flo 30s in the next pre order!
-Arnout

I did a short writeup about my experiences on the dutch tri forums, check it out. Bottom line: excellent wheels, v good service from Flo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
Teamzero86 wrote:
Hey Chris,

All wheels with the exception of the FLO DISC are currently 11spd compatible. We are still working out the DISC. The new spacing has forced us to change a few things around and we want to do some thorough testing before making it official.

Take care,

So they exist and you're just holding out on us!!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>Uh, all front wheels are 10,11,12 and 13 speed compatible. :-p

That reminds me of an experience with neutral race support during a road race.

Front wheel flatted, the neutral VW Sportwagen dutifully pulls over. The lady asks me "Shimano or Campy?"

"Any front wheel."

"Yes, I know it's the front, but Shimano or Campy?"

"ANY front wheel!!"

"You're going to have to tell me wether it's Shimano or Campy!"

(Sigh) "Shimano. I need a Shimano front wheel."
Quote Reply

Prev Next