Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flat footed running shoes
Quote | Reply
I know everyone is different and someone is going to tell me not to be cheap... But hey I'm middle class sometimes saving money is important. So.. I'm looking at giving Brooks Adreniline a try. I'm flat footed and have been running with Brooks Addiction for a couple years now. Anyone else need support and use the Adreniline? My train of thought is it's the off season and if I have issues I can get new shoes this spring and just wear these to work.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Flat footed running shoes [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
I know everyone is different and someone is going to tell me not to be cheap... But hey I'm middle class sometimes saving money is important. So.. I'm looking at giving Brooks Adreniline a try. I'm flat footed and have been running with Brooks Addiction for a couple years now. Anyone else need support and use the Adreniline? My train of thought is it's the off season and if I have issues I can get new shoes this spring and just wear these to work.

When I'm running <40mpw, I can wear almost anything as long as I break it in.

However, I'm marathon training at 70+mpw now, and I've found that the (pricey) Brooks Transcend 3 motion control shoes actually DO work in terms of increased stability, particularly when you're really tired and starting to wobble.

The Brooks Adrenalines are what I typically used during tri-training; they weren't any better or worse than other sneakers and I'm sure they'll do fine. I'm only more particular about my sneaker choice at the high mileage stuff, as I start to get lateral foot pains and other aches and pains that result if the weight loading isn't completely correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you in the Addiction? Great shoe that works for many people, but the Adrenaline works for more people. The Addiction is very rigid for a lot of motion control, Adrenaline is a little less supportive.
It you need the extra support of the Addiction, stay with it. If not, there are many shoes with good motion control for less money.
Find a good running store where you can run in them.
Let Slowtwitchers know where you live and I am sure we can suggest a good store.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How flat footed are you? Mine are very flat, phsysio said they were the flattest he had seen.

I had custom othortics made and use them in a normal cushioned shoe. I wear Saucony as they fit best. Since getting the othotics I have had no ankle pain issues at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am flat footed and run in the Altra One

I use to run in the Adrenaline and the Asics 2100 series, but I am a mid foot striker and the control of the Adrenaline really doesn't help me.

Have you looked at how your foot strikes the ground and make sure you are in the proper shoe? Just because you are flat footed does not mean you need a supportive type shoe.

Just my 2 cents
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am flat footed and rock the nike air zoom structure 19. Once I tried these on I was sold. I got them a month before my im last year and they were perfect for the race. Sure they are originally over priced but you can honestly find a good deal anywhere. I just got a second pair on sale for half the msrp ($60). I think it's okay to be cheap. Just make sure you aren't being cheap in the wrong ways like buying crappy gearthat doesn't last or support you.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have very flat feet and have used the Brooks Adrenaline, Asics GT series, and now the Hoka Bondi 4. But I use Superfeet or Powerstep insoles in whatever shoes and that helps a lot with arch issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll start by saying I have completely flat feet, my footprints show absolutely no arch at all.

I know that you are asking about Brooks shoes but:

I ran in the Addiction a long time ago and have moved on to other shoes, they include:

Brooks Beast (pre-addiction)
Brooks Addiction
Asics 2000 series (2010, 2020, 2030)
Asics Kayano (couple pairs)
Asics DS Racer (race shoe)
Mizuno Rider (couple pairs), (something Mizuno that was a lightweight trainer but still supportive) Edit: Mizuno Elixir
Asics Cumulus (a couple pairs)
Back to Mizuno Rider
Saucony Fastwitch 4 (race shoe)
Basically been in the Rider now for the last few years

There are other shoes I raced in but didn't mention earlier.
Asics Fuji Racer, Mizuno Hitogami and Sayonara, Saucony Type A2, Asics DS Racer, Asics Hyper Tri, Newer Fastwitch which has a lot of posting and was a little uncomfortable if I tied them tight.

All of those shoes felt just fine with my flat feet
Last edited by: jaretj: Jan 8, 17 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried all sorts of different running shoes over the years and finally last year had a running analysis performed and one of the shoes recommended was the Adrenaline. I have pretty flat feet but the analysis showed only mild pronation and the Adrenaline has been good for me. I have both the road and the trail version - the trail shoe is stiffer. I also recently picked up the Ravena7 on Amazon (for a very low price) as a third option and have liked it so far but have had limited runs on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Flat footed running shoes [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have very flat feet, and used to run in neutral shoes until I went to a running shop and left with some addictions adter they told me I over probate.. Although they were very stable, they felt a bit heavy and lifeless.

I went onto Adrenalines which were much better. I now usually run in in Asics Kayano/GT2000 or ds trainer depending on distance/speed of run. For trail running I Usually run in various inov8s with no support at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are in your shoes is a lot mroe important than the shoes themselves. You can get lucky and a pair of cheap off the shelf arch supporting insoles might be a better solution.. thats if they are just what your feet needs.. if not then some custom ones are the next opyion. Always changing my insoles prooves better than changing my running shoes.
I have flat feet and these insoles really made a big difference for me even in really good running shoes.

http://shoewawa.com/...r-fasciitis-insoles/
Last edited by: theJames93: Feb 20, 17 6:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much shock absoprtion do flat feet running shoes give?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find cheaper brands out there are are comfortable and high in quality as well. Try Reebok or Merrell, they have shoes that are great for running for flat footed.
Quote Reply
Re: Flat footed running shoes [mandymandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on the shoe. Somewhere between zero (Vibram) and a lot (Hoka)
Quote Reply
Re: Flat footed running shoes [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I think I will try out a pair of hoka!
Quote Reply