Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Tritone K:ium Tri Saddle any users??
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what the consensus is? the hamstring rub with my Adamo is just too much and looking for something similar but not as wide near the nose
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone K:ium Tri Saddle any users?? [Quincyceltic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just fitted mine and initial impression are pointless as I have only been on t for . Short ride. Off for a 100km tomorrow so will let you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Tritone & it was like an axe to the underside. Just a horrible saddle for me. Sexy looking saddle but not for me. Did the "demo" program at the LBS, Adamo was too wide no matter what model. Ended up finally on the Cobb JOF. If you have a good bike fit, it is amazing. One suggestion for Cobb though is to make it with an option nose width of maybe 2 mm narrower on each prong for a total of 4 mm, then maybe the slightly wider version. Already have a name picked out for them: JOFn and JOFw (narrow & wide/current). I can say the JOF is very comfortable.

FWIW, I used an Arione Tri 2 for years & before that the Selle Flight Tri Gel. For me, the JOF is way better than either of them. Staying in the aero position never felt so comfortable. Thanks for putting your ideas to market Mr. Cobb! (No, I'm not sponsored by Cobb.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went from the arione tri2 to the tritone. WOW. It was instant perineum relief. My sit bones fit perfectly on the outer edge of the "prongs" so this may just be a saddle for people with certain sit bone widths. I could see how if the sit bones were too far apart or too close together this saddle would be quite painful. Its very stiff. Try and test it out at LBS, don't buy a saddle without testing or asking if a return is ok if it's not suitable and looks "new".

Mason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using Fizik Arione Tri2 until a month ago. Since then I swapped to Tritone and have spent several hundred kilometers on it. After many try outs to find the right seat's position I can conclude the followings
- Coming from my old saddle I had to lower the seat post by at least 1 cm.
- The nose of Tritone had to point upward about 2 degrees.
- I managed to free up my hamstring muscles and believed to gain strength.
- Comparing to Arione Tri2 I needed to sit further front since Tritone is wider.
- I started to feel very comfortable after riding with the new saddle for about 300 km.

Tritone was definitely a good investment.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone K:ium Tri Saddle any users?? [chayasit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody! This sound interesting...is this the saddle you are talking about http://www.fizik.it/...ddles/tritone-k-ium/? Looks good...
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone K:ium Tri Saddle any users?? [Bubu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the tritone for 8 months.
- I had briefly used an Adamo Prologue which i didn't have any issues with...
- I used it on one IM 112 mile... but since then mostly on 10-25 mile rides.
- I agree you've got to angle it up slightly from 'level'... I found myself sliding off the front during the IM, and fixed it after that... once that is set up, i find it quite comfortable
- The bolts that come for the bottlecage attachment aren't the right size... you'll find yourself in the hardware store...

Overall, i like it, and will continue to post as I ride more.