Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Tritone Issues
Quote | Reply
I bought the Fizik Tritone for my TT-Bike (TM01). But now after a couple of rides the saddle causes me heavy pain in the perineal area. It feels like the front end stabs into me, especially when riding upright, in aero position its not that bad but still uncomfortable.

Shouldn't the saddle reduce perineal discomfort, bc thats why I bought it?

Did any of u experience similar issues? Any suggestions? Maybe lower the saddle or drop the nose (its already pointed slightly downward)?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone Issues [hiddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the 5.5 or 6.5 model? Maybe the width of the nose isn't right for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're not riding it far forward enough.

that said, there's like a two month break in period, at least for me, when transitioning from a normal saddle

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone Issues [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the 5.5 model.

Thx, I'll try and move the saddle a bit forward. Hope it helps, because the pain persists long after a ride (1-2 days) and that is not optimal :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 5.5 & I thought the same thing until I got used to it. Like others said, play with the front & back position, but also play with the tilt a bit. Depending on how you ride, the nose could be too high. You don't want it sloped so far down that you fall off it, but you also don't want it too far up, or even level, if that means it jams in your nether-regions.

The simplest answer is to bring it to your local fitter (if you have one) and have them take a look. I'm bringing my bike to my LBS to have my guy look at it because I think the seat may be too far forward. If you are a DIYer, just play around until you find the right spot for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am struggling with some issues and have not gotten it right yet. The V shape just feels pretty "sharp" on my groin in aero position after 45-50 minutes. Like the "no nose" but have to get more comfortable on it. Titling lower is helping, just need to go a few more degrees. Coming from a Fizik Airone Tri2 after 10 years, this is a new sensation.
Quote Reply