Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fix my swim stroke (video)
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

The camera work is a little rough, sorry, but hopefully there's enough here to rip my swim form to shreds. Suggestions for improvement are appreciated, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Fix my swim stroke (video) [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Real quick, your toes are pointed down, thus lowering your hips to your feet. You head seems to be on a swivel, not sure why. You cup your hands, and on your sweep you do something funky. It looks like you sweep out a bit, then bring it back in and you are losing your grip on the water.

Will lets the swim coach experts expand on these..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of stuff to tighten up here as per above; one tool I suspect will be very helpful for you to do this is learning to swim with an ankle band (search the forums for it, and the progression if it's too hard at first.) That alone will clean up a lot of the extraneous motions that your body is doing while you swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Monty said, the toe position was the first thing I noticed. Your kick is probably helping with rotation but you’re also creating a lot of drag with how your feet are oriented. Try kicking (a lot) with fins to help build some flexibility in your feet.

As was also said, your head is all over the place...you cock it up when you turn to breathe and then turn it all the way to the non-breathing side when your head goes back in the water. Practice rotating your head just enough (one goggle in/one goggle out) to snatch your breath...lifting & looking forward just slows you down. Your head should return to a neutral position after the breath...don’t let it follow the rotation to the non-breathing side...that’s just wasted motion.

Your catch/pull is not bad but it could be better. Your elbow tends to drop and lead the pull. Think about keeping the elbow higher than your forearm when your setting up the catch. Working with a snorkel and a buoy will allow you concentrate on what’s going on out front. I also like to do some catch-up drill to work on setting the catch out front.
Quote Reply