Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fittings by Paul Levine
Quote | Reply
To anyone interested in getting fitted, I drove up to Paul Levine yesterday to have both my tri and road bike properly fit. I can honestly say having gone through a decent number of fittings over the years this was the most comprehensive and worthwhile experience I have had. Paul started by sitting with me for about an hour and explaining the dynamics of cycling and what we were trying to achieve with proper fit. He then checked and measured my flexibility. We then spend a lot of time getting on and off the bike. Starting from the feet up, he checked/fixed cleat placement, seat height, seat fore/aft, handlebar height etc.

All activities were done quantitatvely measuring angles and dropping plumlines. The end result for me is that my I was way too extended on both bike and unable to deliver power at the bottom of the pedal stroke, as well as proper hip rotation on the road bike.

For anyone thinking of getting fit. I highly recommend Paul. For those interested he can be contact at 914-978-6933 or impactsales@pioneeris.net

Neal Dunn
Quote Reply
Re: Fittings by Paul Levine [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, I met Paul last year in LP where he gave me some good pointers about fit and looked at my position at no charge. Too bad I am in Chicago.

Iam curious, since you set up your road and TT bike. Is your seat height on the TT bike lower than on the road bike and if yes, by how much? This is what Paul advocates.
Quote Reply
Re: Fittings by Paul Levine [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes my seat is slightly lower on the TT bike compared with the road bike. It wasn't by a lot, just enough to create the proper angle between my femer and tibia. I would give you exact figures but I do not have the sheets with me at work. I think this will really help me in cycling.
Quote Reply
similair experience [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Fit me as well and I only have positive things to say about him... there was a reference to him in an earlier post on this forum written by slowman, where the two of them fit the same person on the same bike and came up with nearly identical fits...

So not only does he have the skills, he is a pleasure to work with
Quote Reply
Re: Fittings by Paul Levine [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is he located? Thnx.
Quote Reply
Re: Fittings by Paul Levine [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is located in Woodbury, NY just by Woodbury Commons which is a discount outlet center off exit 16 on the NY Thruway.
Quote Reply