Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitting thoughts on current bike
Quote | Reply
So I've decided to upgrade my bike rather than get a new one, based on your advice last week. Cost effective and a fun project. I'm planning a professional fit as part of this process but am curious to get people's collective insight on my current fit (which, again, hasn't been changed since the day I bought the bike). This is a picture of me mid-race last year that shows both the bike in it's current setup and me with my pedal stroke at/near the bottom (as measured by seat post parallel). As I look at this I have a sense that my arms are too high (and let's not talk about the extra spacer) but would like an opinion from somebody more knowledable than me.

Quote Reply
Re: Fitting thoughts on current bike [frumptyfrontbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the good news is you probably have plenty of aero gold to mine. You're going to get a good bit faster.

I'm no pro, so take my advice with the appropriate grain of salt. Or two.
Your saddle is too high --you appear to really be reaching for the bottom of the pedal stroke. I would honestly not be surprised if dropping 5 cm wouldn't be a good start.
Then, you're riding an ISM, but not the way it was designed to be. You'll need to "lay down" alot--roll your body forward and sit on your pubic rami instead of your sit bones.
Your cockpit needs to go down quite a bit--you're stretched out now and as you go lower, your shoulders will come forward and be better supported. This will probably be more comfortable too. Can't tell you how low, that's up to you to find what's comfortable, but suspect it'll be a few cm, maybe >5.

Those three things are major. No sense tweaking more until you start fixing that. G'luck -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting thoughts on current bike [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that's helpful. Good news is that I have a lot I can go down on my cockpit based on the ridiculous number of spacers that are there right now.
Quote Reply