Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit question for you experts: Is the IA for me
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

My buddy has convinced me to sign up for IM Canada in '16. I stopped racing a few years ago so in order to re-motivate myself I am using this as an excuse to buy a new frame. Was looking at the Felt IA-1 frameset but don't know if it would be a good fit. Looking particularly at the size 51. My Frame S&R is 535, 369 and my handlebar S+R (if it is helpful) is 596, 443.
I am not sure give the shift towards using more spacers if this sizing would be okay or would the frame be a little too small.

Felt IA geo: 51: 395, 489 (S&R)
54 (406, 513)

Thanks for the advice

Kar-Ming
Quote Reply
Re: Fit question for you experts: Is the IA for me [Trisumai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trisumai wrote:
Hello everyone,

My buddy has convinced me to sign up for IM Canada in '16. I stopped racing a few years ago so in order to re-motivate myself I am using this as an excuse to buy a new frame. Was looking at the Felt IA-1 frameset but don't know if it would be a good fit. Looking particularly at the size 51. My Frame S&R is 535, 369 and my handlebar S+R (if it is helpful) is 596, 443.
I am not sure give the shift towards using more spacers if this sizing would be okay or would the frame be a little too small.

Felt IA geo: 51: 395, 489 (S&R)
54 (406, 513)

Thanks for the advice

Kar-Ming

Ok, what you want is your arm pad "stack" and "reach"*. I do not know if that what you are calling handle bar stack and reach. Then you enter in that number in Felts fancy spread sheet as described here "http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Superbike_4935.html" Also be cautious sometimes the arm pad reach is measured from the middle of the arm pad and sometimes from the end.

Then you should get what sizes and configurations of IAs will get your arm pads where you wanted. There will probably be multiple configs that will work.

Frame stack and reach is less helpful for these bikes with fancy integration, so arm pad X and Y (or stack and reach) is what companies have set up to make picking the right frame size very easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit question for you experts: Is the IA for me [Trisumai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't see how the Felt IA can't fit you unless you have some real wacky physical measurements. The IA has +115mm of (y) vertical adjustment, 188mm of (x) horizontal adjustment and 133mm of width adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit question for you experts: Is the IA for me [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I had only been following peripherally re: fit over the past few years. This is quite helpful.
Quote Reply