Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Triathlon Experience
Quote | Reply
First off I just wanna thank everyone whose given me advice on the forum in the short time I've been here. Well my first ever triathlon with approximately 3 days of training (track runner for years) was today. Unfortunately the rain caused the swim to be canceled which was replaced by a run. It seems like no matter how much I try to minimize running it always sneaks its way into my life. Of course this played in my favor greatly and I was able to not only place in my age group but achieved 3rd overall. My bike was actually a little slower than I imagined, likely due to the course. It wasn't a tough course by any means but the rolling hills were new for me being from a completely flat part of Long Island and only cycling a handful of times in my life. My running went great although I am not in racing shape for sure being that I'm just starting my summer training. I clocked just under 8 minutes for the first run (approx 1.5miles) and about 16:00 for the second (approx 5k) although I'm happy with these times I did go the wrong way which lost me probably an estimate of 25seconds total not including the multiple times I had to ask where to go lol. Transitions went nice and smooth although I had trouble getting on the bike for a second. There's so much more I have to learn, especially with swimming but I can't wait to get a solid full triathlon done and see how I do.

If any of you guys recently completed your first triathlon or have a good story comment down below as I'd love to hear of others' experiences!
Last edited by: Kylek42: Jun 18, 17 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: First Triathlon Experience [Kylek42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on completing the duathlon. Let us know when you do your first triathlon :)

Recent thread and a good read:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Remember_your_first_triathlon%3F_P6322115/?search_string=remember%20your#p6322115
Quote Reply