Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finish Line at IMLP this Weekend
Quote | Reply
The guys were going full throttle on the oval, but it's back in the full glory of the days of Eric Heiden for the rest of the winter....just a nice visual for those who have got their finisher medal here, but never skated in the spot where Heiden got his 5 Gold medals (well, I doubled Heiden's count, but they are just Mdot finisher medals from the LP oval)

11x IMLP finisher :-)....but this is the way the oval is really meant to be
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 23, 14 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: Finish Line at IMLP this Weekend [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<3

Miss living in the mountains :(

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The venue is not lost on a lot of us, and I was moved quite noticeably both times I finished on the back stretch. I could just feel Eric rounding turn 4 behind me and urging me on. Thanks for sharing...
Last edited by: Kscycler: Nov 23, 14 16:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

You're out in Silicon Valley frequently. I think I recall you tackling one of Eric Heiden's bike climb records: Old La Honda Road in 14:10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oj8k_YHcYg

I think there's a Strava that's faster, but he did it pre-Strava.

Good luck!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool Dev. I'm gonna be up there over New Years. Got to check that out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool stuff, have been many times in the spring and summer but not the winter, would love to skate on the oval.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Finish Line at IMLP this Weekend [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
themuse1 wrote:
Hi Dev,

You're out in Silicon Valley frequently. I think I recall you tackling one of Eric Heiden's bike climb records: Old La Honda Road in 14:10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oj8k_YHcYg

I think there's a Strava that's faster, but he did it pre-Strava.

Good luck!

Mark

I recall that record. The best I got on Old laHonda was barely breaking 21 minutes, but never sub 20! I would also like to know the running climb record for this hill. I would like to run it next time there! I figure it is a 20 min downhill run which will leave my legs more trashed than anything!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nice visual indeed. LP is near and dear to me;
  • spent the summers in the ADK's and visited LP often during the 1970's;
  • watched every minute of 1980 Miracle on Ice Team;
  • Heiden's medal run harkened memories of Mark Spitz dominance in 72;
  • taught my kids to ski at Whiteface in 2000's;
  • Finished on the Oval 2x - paid my mother back for the 70's trips by bringing her along. She smiled more than I did.

Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev I just checked my wall of fame/shame. I didn't realize it but I also have 11 LP starts and finishes.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Finish Line at IMLP this Weekend [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
Hey Dev I just checked my wall of fame/shame. I didn't realize it but I also have 11 LP starts and finishes.

That makes it nearly 3100 miles of looping around that stupid course in racing between the two of us....you can add another (minimum) 3100 miles of looping around there in training....you think we'd get bored of the monotony, but LP never really gets old and I can totally see why it sells out! People would always rave about how awesome Penticton was but after the first time I did IMLP, I was in the camp that LP was the best continental IM. I still think it is, even with all the nice new additions to the circuit, but you've sampled more variety than I have!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the speedskating finish line where the IM finish line is (on the high school side) or on the side closer to the road?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev-I believe that's the high school in the left hand background. How cool to be in class and look over that oval-daydreaming about Heiden. I think it's so wonderful what New York State has done with Lake Placid. When you go in the winter you can bobsled, XC ski, speed skate, etc all on the Olympic courses.
Quote Reply