Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finis Snorkel: strap 'repair'
Quote | Reply
I use my snorkel 5 days a week for all kick sets so this thing gets a lot of abuse. The notched rubber head strap is all I need to replace. Unfortunately Finis only sells the complete head bracket which is $20 by the time you pay for shipping and that is 2/3rd's of the cost of the snorkel. All I need is the clear rubber head strap. Anyway, mine broke again and I'd rather not have to buy another useless head bracket.

Any ideas on how one might rig up a system so that it's not a slave to Finis 'buy what you don't need' replacement parts?

Thanks ST engineers!

Quote Reply
Re: Finis Snorkel: strap 'repair' [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon has the replacement head bracket for $11.99 with free shipping so cheaper than $20.

Edit: Another option would be to find a strap that is close and there seem to quite a few candidates.

Nanoo Nanoo
Last edited by: -W-: Jul 31, 14 15:24
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Snorkel: strap 'repair' [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no idea re replacement band, but my snorkel go so old that all of the silicon has yellowed a bit and when it started leaking a few weeks ago, I knew it was bin time.
the new replacement, although identical even feel faster. Must be that a bright yellow snorkel is faster than a green one.

btw, why is your head band breaking, as once it's set, it never need to be touched again?
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Snorkel: strap 'repair' [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See if a replacement strap for a SCUBA mask is the same dimension. Carrying a spare strap is seen as a necessity by experienced divers so should be easy to source.

I used to do wreck diving and would carry spares for just about everything
Quote Reply