Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle...
Quote | Reply
The stem is great, wider than the previous stem so I was able to get almost all of the Di2 junction box up under the cover.

Just 1 wire and 1 brake cable coming out of the Sigma into a slit cut in the front of the Aerobento which is sitting directly atop of the holes in the Plasma's frame for brake and shifter cables.

The integrated bottle mount that comes with the Sigma is fantastic. No more flat Torpedo mount, I just used the Torpedo bottle's aero risers and boom, rock solid BTA.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great news as my TriRig stem arrived yesterday and my TriRig bars just arrived by FED EX. Now I just have to figure out what I am using for my BTA.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I'd just slap a cage on the stem and see how you feel. It's been rock solid so far.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a similar setup with a Profile Design HC. I took the PD mount apart and kept the cage only. I mounted the cage with the Sigma bottle mount and dropped the HC bottle in. It's pretty slick.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally, I actually have an HC bottle that I used before I picked up the Torpedo. Love this mount.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
This is great news as my TriRig stem arrived yesterday and my TriRig bars just arrived by FED EX. Now I just have to figure out what I am using for my BTA.

Get to work! Lets see it!
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I have to wait for a fair number of other items first, then I need to modify the frame to do top tube cable entry and sort out my Sitero/Cervelo post issues and once that is done, I will post a few pictures.

I really wanted to strip the bike down to bare carbon and clear coat it but my son has said he likes the blue/grey color so I will leave it like that for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blue/Gray, need top tube mod...so older P2?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YEP for a very good price. Since I was going to strip it anyways, I was thinking a good used one would be a good staring point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have any concern cutting your steerer tube that short? My sigma and alpha arrive today. I want to cut it to look as sleek as possible but I'm worried about frame resale in the future. It seems like cutting it that low makes it unusable with a standard stem. Would that be a true statement?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, unless you have some spacers under it, then you could use a normal stem again, but not as many spacers.

You could just leave the stem cover off and use normal spacers for a time, until you are confident you want to keep it.

michael_runs wrote:
It seems like cutting it that low makes it unusable with a standard stem. Would that be a true statement?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, what would a whole new fork for the "new" P3 go for, ballpark?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael_runs wrote:
Just curious, what would a whole new fork for the "new" P3 go for, ballpark?

I haven't seen the pricing but around 300->400 usually.
If you don't have a real small frame size, you could sell your cut fork probably

If you have a tiny frame size cut that short, hard to sell!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got the Sigma XF installed with the Topedo bottle... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a size 54. I'll probably chicken out and cut it with the absolute minimum spacers that would allow a standard stem to be used. I remember there was that sigma recall where this could have been convenient.
Quote Reply