Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fin man vs kip litton
Quote | Reply
If you were outraged by the "fin man" and his escapades at one IM race, you would not believe what the letsrun crew has dug up on the soon to be infamous Kip Litton.

http://www.letsrun.com/...d=3863010&page=0

It's mind-boggling.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Last edited by: stringcheese: Jan 17, 11 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've actually created a separate blog outlining his alleged wrong doings..http://kiplitton.blogspot.com/

Basically, they've gone through about 20 different races and the course pictures to just skewer this guy regarding his splits and finish times.

He has also posted finish times on his "website" for races that never existed. He created the races and results..

There's too much to outline in one post..go through pages 45- 50 and you'll get a good picture of what's what.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed; I tend to read these threads, posts, blogs, etc. with a great deal more fascination than most other threads.

I really do want to know WHAT is going on in their heads? It seems like there is some kind of major dysfunction in their brain, but what causes it? How do they justify it to themselves? Do they REALLY realize they are cheating, or do they genuinely, in their twisted minds, think that they are earning their "wins"?

Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
If you were outraged by the "fin man" and his escapades at one IM race, you would not believe what the letsrun crew has dug up on the soon to be infamous Kip Litton.

http://www.letsrun.com/...d=3863010&page=0

It's mind-boggling.

Someone is on the WAR PATH !!! I love it though. Look at this blog that chronicles the inconsitancies in the guys racing.

http://kiplitton.blogspot.com/

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's the point? He surely can't be making enough off of cheating to live, so why go through the effort? I just don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
what's the point? He surely can't be making enough off of cheating to live, so why go through the effort? I just don't get it.

So that those amateurs who work hard and care about getting on the podium or winning their category are not stopped by the scum who would cheat to take their spot.

so that truth and justice may win over villainy.

what could matter MORE?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holy crap that is entertaining.

Check out this Clif's Notes version if you don't want to read the whole thing:
http://pwprunning.blogspot.com/...g-of-kip-litton.html

If you do want to read more of it, come back to this early link at some point. Start from the bottom and play a little "where's Waldo" to find him. Then work backward through the pictures to see what he has been up to. Amazing.

http://www.backprint.com/...CAT=216483&SUB=0
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who knows what his personal issues are. They are too dark and deep for me.

I'm just amazed at the level of sleuthing that has gone on to out this guy.

If you go through some of the posts, you'll see that, among other things, folks were going through race lost and found pictures from some of the events he's done to find the guy on the course.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:

So that those amateurs who work hard and care about getting on the podium or winning their category are not stopped by the scum who would cheat to take their spot.

so that truth and justice may win over villainy.

what could matter MORE?

No, I meant why would this assclown cheat in the races? I totally get outting him. I would hang him up too if he kept me from claiming my deserved spot on the podium. I'm impressed with the sleuthing, would like to believe I would do the same to someone that consistently cheated the system. I just don't get why someone would put this much effort into cheating in races that likely pay very little in the grand-scheme of things. He has to have serious internal issues to "justify" his means.
Last edited by: OakCliffTri: Jan 17, 11 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 dq's is impressive. Hard to imagine why a cheater would also want to cheat in a relay.

However, I don't understand why the difference in gun time and chip time is a big deal. If it was a big race, and you started mid or back of the pack, 4-5 minutes difference is common. Of course, if you are running a sub 3 hr marathon, why would you want to start 4-5 minutes back? Anyway, am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ohhh, well this guy may have been trying to profit from it. Something about him running for charity but the checks being made out to his website, not the charity.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The races with the large gaps would put him behind the vast majority of the BOP'ers and walkers so to run his blistering time he would have to literally plow through walls of people. I have enough trouble getting around people running 30sec/mile slower than me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:

Allegedly he was doing this all for charity and running a non-profit campaign and people were paying money directly to him which may or may not of ever been turned over to the charities? His personal website has been taken down, I think it was worldrecordrun.com

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I was reading on letsrun, the time gap between chip and gun is indicative of how he pulls this off. The theory is that he is at the start line, with bib/chip hidden, in fairly normal clothes, so that he looks like a spectator. 4-5 minutes after the gun goes off and the crowds are thinned out, he strolls across the line to register his start and then hops back off the road. Then, he presumably takes a car/bike/bus/train to the finish or the next checkpoint, if the race has multiple timing points. He either repeats this process for a checkpoint, or he strips down and then runs across the finish line.

Also entertaining are the pictures of him starting/crossing the line in one outfit, and finishing the same race in another outfit, with different shoes.

Quote | Reply
Ouch. Looks like criminal behavior here, if things are what they appear.

Quote | Reply
And this clown is a dentist. Makes you wonder what kind of practice he runs.

schroeder wrote:
However, I don't understand why the difference in gun time and chip time is a big deal. If it was a big race, and you started mid or back of the pack, 4-5 minutes difference is common. Of course, if you are running a sub 3 hr marathon, why would you want to start 4-5 minutes back? Anyway, am I missing something?
If he starts in the BOP, he has to pass all those people to finish high in the results. Participants are all saying he never passed them.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how many of you people actually remember those who pass you? I'm fairly certain I couldn't remember anyone who had passed me unless they had a really great ass.

*I'm not defending his actions, I'm just curious*

So how many of you people actually remember those who pass you? I'm fairly certain I couldn't remember anyone who had passed me unless they had a really great ass

I think if he was finishing mid-pack you would be right but he is 'placing' in the top 5-10. I think the runners at that level are a lot more aware of who is around them (not to mention they are more spread out at the sharp end).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those letsrun folks are tough. Finman had it pretty easy here on ST in comparison. I don't believe anyone went to Finman's old races (the ones with the mysterious missing chip splits) and reconstructed the lies via photographic forensics.

Re: Fin man vs kip litton [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpeterson wrote:
So how many of you people actually remember those who pass you? I'm fairly certain I couldn't remember anyone who had passed me unless they had a really great ass.

*I'm not defending his actions, I'm just curious*

I finished 10th in my last race and I can tell you every person that passed me and where they passed me. I can also tell you who I passed and where. As the previous poster said when you are at the front of the race you know the people around you. Maybe you don't know their name but you would recognize them.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, my worst finish this season was 18th OA, I need to pay better attention to what's going on.

WOW!!!!

Quote | Reply
This is the best thing I've read in a month. You have really made my day. This guy is sick! He makes finman look like a hack.
Quote Reply

Prev Next