Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

File Log Analyzer for Garmin
Quote | Reply
HI Friends,
I'd really appreciate anyone's advice/knowledge if there's a File Log Analyzer out there for Garmin training activity log files the same way there is Zwiftalyzer for Zwift https://zwiftalizer.com/ .....

The reason (and please feel free to let me know if there's another route) is to find out which power source my garmin forerunner 920 was reading from during a specific workout. I'm not sure if my watch picked up my powertap pedals or my Tacx Bushido smart trainer power readings. I'd really like to know the source since it was an FTP test. As of now Zwiftalizer will show the specific power source of Zwift file logs only. I'd love a similar tool for Garmin file logs

Thanks for your help!
Ben
Quote Reply
Re: File Log Analyzer for Garmin [BenKess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can open the TCX in Excel and look at the raw data. Or in any app capable of parsing XML. Last resort try Notepad (or other text editor) but it won't look as nice there.

Is the power source info logged in the file? That's a separate problem. If it isn't there is probably no way to obtain that information now.
Quote Reply
Re: File Log Analyzer for Garmin [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Is the power source info logged in the file? That's a separate problem. If it isn't there is probably no way to obtain that information now.[/quote]

--Thanks, Dilbert. The main objective is finding the power source. I know Zwift logs that info but I'm having trouble finding out if Garmin does.
Quote Reply
Re: File Log Analyzer for Garmin [BenKess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe the ANT+ IDs are stored in the ride files.

You could take an educated guess by looking at a similar ride recorded both with the bushido and the pedals. When I watch my power read by my trainer (Tacx vortex) and pedals (P1), the pedals are way quicker to respond to a jump in power, simply a matter of how they read effort. Therefore, you may find that a if the power spike immediately precedes an increase in speed, it read from the pedals and if there is a delay and the power follows the speed jump: bushido.
Quote Reply
Re: File Log Analyzer for Garmin [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
I don't believe the ANT+ IDs are stored in the ride files.

You could take an educated guess by looking at a similar ride recorded both with the bushido and the pedals. When I watch my power read by my trainer (Tacx vortex) and pedals (P1), the pedals are way quicker to respond to a jump in power, simply a matter of how they read effort. Therefore, you may find that a if the power spike immediately precedes an increase in speed, it read from the pedals and if there is a delay and the power follows the speed jump: bushido.

- oh thats interesting! I'll look into that. Thank you!
Quote Reply