Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Festival of flowers tri
Quote | Reply
So i drove 8 1/2 hrs through nowhere to get to where ever the hell I am in South Carolina for tomorrows oly tri. Its time to "carbo load". Any one know of any spots to do so. Help im stuck at a Days Inn.

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Festival of flowers tri [Afrikan321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get to the local Circle K/7-11/Convenience store. Get two Cup of Noodles, a bottle of chocolate milk and a package of mini powdered donuts. Chow down. You'll be fine.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Festival of flowers tri [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ended up going to a bar with a buddy. 3 pitchers of beer later, we were carb loaded. :)

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry you missed Capri's Italian Restaurant. It couldn't have been but a stones through from where you were.

There are a large number of great free photos from the event that are up on the website GWDtoday.com. Click on the photo gallery link on the upper right of the home page.

FYI,

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Festival of flowers tri [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome! thanks for the link

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 pitchers of beer later, we were carb loaded. :)

It occurs to me that maybe you and your buddy were responsible for leading wave 2 so far off course during the swim. ;-)

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We actually did the relay. Decided to take it easy. Lauri was our swimmer. She sait it was bad, thankfully she went the correct route and didnt have to swim back.

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We actually did the relay. Decided to take it easy. Lauri was our swimmer. She sait it was bad, thankfully she went the correct route and didnt have to swim back.

Were you there on the podium (at the end, of course, when everyone else had already gone home)? If so, we were together up there. I did the bike on the winning relay. Our swimmer promised our team he'd do 25 minutes or better and he was just over 30 'cuz he followed the pack and then realized how off course they were. He corrected and most of the pack just went on. It's a shame so many people were willing to cheat that way at an event that was an important qualifier.

So you drove all that way to do a relay? You've got it worse than I do! I only had to drive 45 minutes to get there.

Bob C.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That swim got a little confusing. All the sudden, I was swimming by myself and saw a crowd to the left and to the right of me. I stayed where I was, because I figured someone was off course. Eventually I saw the correct bouy and got back on course. My usual swim is around 29-30 minutes, I did that one in 34.38 minutes, probably one of my worst swims ever. Except for the confusion on the swim, I liked the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Festival of flowers tri [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our teammate did it in 27 min. but i bombed on the run. those hills killed me. Our highest elevation in tampa is 16ft above sea level. I was not ready for the rolling hills. hills suck.

IPA Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, that was you? I was the bike split for Afrikan's relay team. I had a rough day (my bike went south and I had to ride Afrikan's, I dumped my AeroBottle leaving transition and had no water until the exchange, I'm not used to hills, we had a few beers or more the night before, etc.) and we talked in line for the, um, facilities before the race. You blew past me around mile 6 on a descent like I was going backward. Hardcore, man, hardcore. 55 min on rolling hills is a nice split. But we'll come out harder next year. Really liked that race, well organized and a nice little course. Although we may do the whole race next year instead of relay.
Quote Reply
Re: Festival of flowers tri [FatAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

That definately answered the question for me if you use a disk on a windy day or not. Wind wasn't in the forecast, so the disk was on the bike when I arrived. I didn't really have any handling problems at all, and I took 42 seconds off my split from last year.

Bob C.

Quote Reply