Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fenix 3
Quote | Reply
Anyone got one of these or seen one of these yet? Just how bulky/heavy are they on the wrist (not yet seen the fenix 2) but used 910XT & the 310 XT - are they really an everyday watch?
Anticipating the arrival somewhat, as its a choice between the 920xt and Fenix 3 now.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Lurcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About the same size as a breitling or a dive watch but much lighter. I will buy the Fenix 3 instead of the 920 because I like the trackback GPS features and in normal "watch mode" it looks practically indistinguishable from a normal watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a chance to toy with one about a week ago, the thing is NICE. I already own a 920, so am not extremely compelled to switch, but if I were looking to upgrade from a 910 etc... I would hand's-down go with the Fenix3.

It's surprisingly lightweight, looks smart, is masculine but not in a "I may just be in the military" kind of way the Fenix2 is. Plus it has all of the features of the 920 with an even sharper screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [davidembree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if it has the course functionality like the Edge Devices. I think the 920 paired it back a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Mrcooper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great question, i'm not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [davidembree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder how it will play with a Stages PM vs the 920.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are shipping...mine was shipped yesterday for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait to get it and check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues with my Fenix2 and Stages. Can't imagine it would be worse with the Fenix3.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have used it, how does the heft of it compare to the Fenix2 and 920xt? I know it sits right in the middle thickness wise (I think they're something like 0.7", 0.6" and 0.5"). I didn't like how bulky the fenix2 was, I wonder if any of you find the 920xt significantly sleeker than the fenix3 dimensions wise.

Also, in your opinion, how does it compare in terms of usable screen size? It has a slightly larger diameter than the width of the 920xt display, but obviously you can't fully use as much area of a round display. Basically, how does the text size on a 4 field page compare to that of a 4 field page on the 920xt?

I'm pretty excited to try this thing out!
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where was yours ordered from?

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [tribiker68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
REI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you get the sapphire edition? I was told the wait is longer on that one.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine will be here tomorrow. SWEET!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:

No, I got the black one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
astig wrote:

No, I got the black one.

I'm getting the silver - the Fenix 2 just never synced with my phone so I took advantage of REI's return policy and upgraded. I'd tried everything to get the Fenix 2 to work, but after 7 months, it was obvious that Garmin was more interested in coming out with the 3 instead of supporting the 2.

Hopefully, they have all these syncing issues fixed!

twomarks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my Fenix 3 for almost a week now. I had the 920 before that. The Fenix 3, is a bit thicker than the 920, but you really can't tell when it's on your wrist. I personally like the look of the Fenix 3 over the 920 as an every day watch. The battery on my 920 seemed to last longer however. I have used both for my workouts, plus tracking steps and some sleep tracking. The 920 would last bout 1.5 weeks doing all that. So far, my Fenix 3 seems to only last a few days.

Also, the Fenix 3 has a Bluetooth disconnect notification where is vibrates when it looses Bluetooth connectivity. I don't seem to remember this on my 920, but it's pretty annoying. Every time I leave the room where my phone is, the watch buzzes and shows a message. No way to turn that off without turning off Bluetooth.

Also, I have had the Fenix 3 freeze on me a few times. Yesterday, after swimming it saved the workout and went back in to watch mode like it should, but then no buttons would work. The clock/watch looked fine and the seconds kept ticking away, but no buttons would work. Had to hold power for 20+ seconds to reset it. Same thing happened later in the day after my run workout had saved. I upgraded to the new software version released a couple days ago, so hopefully that fixes it. I also emailed Garmin support and their answer was the watch is technically not released yet and the software is "not completely ready" until the release at the end of March.

Overall it's a great device with some very nice features. Looks really nice too. Seems like there are some bugs to clean up though.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [markreith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 920XT does the same thing (vibration) with the blue tooth loss of connectivity. I just turn the blue tooth off on the phone when I am in the pool, otherwise, it is annoying as hell. I like the 920XT (Especially the swim features) but I will like the fact that Fenix looks like a watch. The look has been my biggest gripe with all the Forerunners. I am pretty excited to get mine today.
Last edited by: 7ofClubs: Feb 12, 15 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got mine. The thing looks bad ass. Took awhile to get initial GPS signal, but guessing that was because it was the first time capturing a GPS signal. Looking forward to messing with it this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you've used both, maybe you can comment...

The 920xt seems to have a weak vibration function. I notice the 310xt, 610, and 910xt, all felt more noticeable to me than the 920 does.

Can you tell if there is any obvious "Feeling" difference to the vibration alerts on the Fenix 3?

Also, have you noticed if a time field (with a 4-field screen) on the Fenix 3 shows seconds after the hour passes (neat feature the 920 had on 4-field screens)?

The thing is tempting, but I can't say that I could justify trading up from a 920 so soon! Maybe my wife needs a new watch... (my 920) ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have my 920 anymore so I can't make direct comparisons on the vibration. From what I remember of the 920, the fenix 3 and 920 seem to have similar if not the same level of vibration.

On the 4-field screen, the fenix 3 shows second like this after the hour passes (not the same as the 920). I am showing the 2 different 4-field layout options:

As I note, my Fenix 3 rebooted while I was adjusting the layout for this. I am now able to reproduce the reboot (happens every time) if I try to change the layout while the activity timer is going. Whenever it reboots I loose my step count for the day as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markreith wrote:
I also emailed Garmin support and their answer was the watch is technically not released yet and the software is "not completely ready" until the release at the end of March.

Considering the device is shipping via a national retailer (REI) I'm having a hard time understanding that response from Garmin. SMH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics! That looks pretty awesome. Earlier today I sketched out the screen size of the 920xt and the fenix3 superimposed on each other. It looks like the area you "lose" on the fenix3 (in the four corners of the 920xt screen is basically margin anyways, so the increase in screen size on the fenix3 is all gravy.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [YTS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know vendors that have these in stock? I see REI mentioned above. Any others? I'd like to order one and don't trust the estimated times shown on websites (which are all over the board).
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one else has it as of today. Preorders from retailers like Clever Training may be the next to go out in the next few weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can anyone that still has both, post photos of them side by side.
thank you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next