Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt bikes - no customer service
Quote | Reply
Took my wife's 2009 Felt b16 to authorized dealer last week for tuner. They found that her aluminum seat post clamp that's welded to the carbon had cracked. We don't have original receipt anymore and now we can't get a hold of Felt directly. Any suggestions? Anyone know a rep that can help us out?

Thanks,
Kai
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [gatorATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"SuperDave" will chime in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I've personally had great experience so far...so much so, that I'll be turning my entire quiver over to Felt over the next few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whenever possible I like to complete the warranty registration form when I buy stuff like this. Especially if it is online and has emailed confirmation.

I had a issue with my 2012 Felt, it took one phone call and they sent a bunch of new parts to me no questions asked. My LBS that I bought it from was no longer a Felt dealer so I figured I would take a shot and I had zero issues. I think maybe you just need to find another phone number to call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gatorATC wrote:
Took my wife's 2009 Felt b16 to authorized dealer last week for tuner. They found that her aluminum seat post clamp that's welded to the carbon had cracked. We don't have original receipt anymore and now we can't get a hold of Felt directly. Any suggestions? Anyone know a rep that can help us out?

Thanks,
Kai

Did you actually purchase the bike new from this dealer? Most dealers retain records of sales and dutifully attempt to honor manufacturer/warranty situations.
Last edited by: Brushman: Sep 23, 14 9:56
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
gatorATC wrote:

Thanks,
Kai

Did you actually purchase the bike new from this dealer? Most dealers retain records of sales and dutifully attempt to honor manufacturer/warranty situations .
^^^This. Even my little mom and pop shop keeps a record of everything I buy. From bikes to CO2.

Or surely they didn't pay cash? No credit card records or canceled checks that could be obtained?

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I found proof of purchase for a bike 3 years after the fact through my online banking. I'm guessing your bank could dig even further.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this sucks but what do you hope to get out of a 5 year old broken frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume the authorized dealer can do "something" under warranty if they are asking for receipt. Possibility a manufacturer defect? Though slim, it's always possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't blame Felt for this, I would blame your LBS. I had a warranty issue on a 2009 B2, went to my LBS and without giving them a receipt and I didn't buy it from them and they contacted Felt and within a few weeks I had my new frame. It was out of warranty so I didn't get a "free" replacement but I did get a crash replacement frame and like 50% off which was great. You have to go through your LBS to get a new frame, they won't work with you individually I don't think.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried emailing Felt? Calling them? I know you said you can't get ahold of them, but I'm sure they have a number that you can call as well. They are in SoCal, so maybe call them up?

I would hit up your LBS a little harder and make sure the press Felt. Ask them for a contact that they spoke with or deal with and see if you can contact them and ask questions as well.

The one time I dealt with Felt, when I had my road bike, they were great!

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
auto208562 wrote:
I assume the authorized dealer can do "something" under warranty if they are asking for receipt. Possibility a manufacturer defect? Though slim, it's always possible.

Felt has a VIP program, where you can get a discount on a new if something happens to the old (Original owner, I'm assuming).

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had several friends with problems on their Felts and always got resolved quickly and easily. If your LBS is a dealer they should be doing a lot of the leg work for you.

Bike manufactures will warranty something over 5 years old? If so wow
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be covered under warranty:

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/Single-Nav/Inside-Felt/Customer-Service/Warranty.aspx

This is a frame issue so they should be covering the repair under the lifetime warranty. Generally I have seen excellent warranty service from Trek and Specialized, above and beyond what was covered under the limited warranty. Felt is substantially smaller than those two but I would expect to see the same level of service.

Sorry, re-read the original post and noticed it was the clamp, not the frame itself. That probably isn't covered under Felt's 1 year full warranty since 5 years have now passed.
Last edited by: patsullivan6630: Sep 23, 14 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt has FANTASTIC service - it appears your bike shop is lazy. Other alternative is to contact the shop you purchased the bike from and get a duplicate or proof of purchase.

Quote | Reply
gatorATC wrote:

Thanks,
Kai

Where are you located? What dealer did you take your B16 to? Where did you purchase it originally? How did you try to contact Felt directly?
-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bikes - no customer service [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had nothing but great experience with Felt CS. With Interbike, Eurobike just taking place I am sure the guys over there are just jamed packed with emails and etc. If you can be patient I am sure when Dave has a moment he'll reply on here and give you some decent options. If not he will at least give you honest ones which are not hear say. In the meantime I'd be doing as others suggested and finding original records of purchase to help your case.

Good luck, I now you're in good hands.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply