Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt Torhans VR bottle
Quote | Reply
for those that use them, where do you keep your bottles?

is it really worth giving up 2 bottles?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Torhans VR bottle [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it for my calories for races then have a BTA for my water. If I went to a 140.6 I might use cage behind my seat for another water bottle but for 70.3 I only need one water bottle and use the rear cage for my flat kit. I think it's worth it since I don't need another cage and if I use a bottle there I would rather it be an aero bottle!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Torhans VR bottle [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it now for as a flat kit. For 70.3 I use a BTA xlab torpedo versa and BTS xlab Delta 425 for hydration/calories, with VR bottle as flat kit.

I'm looking to do my first full, and thinking about removing VR for an xlabs aero TT, and move the spare to an xlab aero pouch.... not sure if that's better or just keep the 70.3 setup and rely on course hands up and special needs.

I'm curious if having the Torhans there improves the aerodynamics like I've read... (mine is good fit on 2015 B2 58) not sure if I'm giving up much by removing and having an aero bottle for calories. Also wondering if gorilla XT would be too tight with the aero pouch..... probably overthinking this whole thing ;-)
Last edited by: DDMike: Apr 21, 17 20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Torhans VR bottle [DDMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DDMike wrote:
I use it now for as a flat kit. For 70.3 I use a BTA xlab torpedo versa and BTS xlab Delta 425 for hydration/calories, with VR bottle as flat kit.

I'm looking to do my first full, and thinking about removing VR for an xlabs aero TT, and move the spare to an xlab aero pouch.... not sure if that's better or just keep the 70.3 setup and rely on course hands up and special needs.

I'm curious if having the Torhans there improves the aerodynamics like I've read... (mine is good fit on 2015 B2 58) not sure if I'm giving up much by removing and having an aero bottle for calories. Also wondering if gorilla XT would be too tight with the aero pouch..... probably overthinking this whole thing ;-)

If you Google this topic another st thread talks about the pouch and almost everyone says a gorilla Cage with it is too tight but a normal.cheap one is perfect.

Just curious to the flat Kit, how much have you managed to store? For an im i would like to have two tubes but not sure if the bottle could fit that?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Torhans VR bottle [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 1 tube (w/extender), 2 CO2 cartridges and an inflator, 2 tire levers and small multi-tool. Used this setup for sprint through 70.3.

Just tried and 2 tubes will fit but doesn't leave you much room for anything else. Maybe the levers and multi-tool or patch kit. Maybe if you're better at packing (I think I folded my tubes best I could) you might fit a CO2 but I'd think you'd have to use somewhere else (jersey pockets, bento, under seat) for somethings.

I was also thinking if I should carry 2 tubes for full, but read a lot of people just leave extras at special needs. I know that doesn't give you the same insurance but it's something and we're all hoping that we don't even need the first kit.

I'll post in the aero pouch thread someday. As you mentioned seems most think gorilla or gorilla xt is too tight. I'm curious to know what "standard" cages seem to work best. Xlab chimp or just regular like spec ribcage or if they're using those profile or xlab cages made specifically for rear (p cages)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a good thread on the Aero Pouch that just started today.

Wanted to let you know I did post on this other thread some things we are doing to help people who experience the pouch being too tight for them.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Torhans VR bottle [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Candice. My favorite thing about ST is the fact that people like you take the time to answer consumers directly. I'm always amazed at how supportive the vendors are... I've had replies from Chris from Flo and Super Dave (when at Felt) before I bought their products.... and I always see replies directly from folks at Trek, DSW, TriRig, Desoto, all the vendors in the aero shootout, and many more.... just very cool to see so much support.

Thanks for being so willing to offer help, take feedback, and deliver great products (I'm a fan, Versa 500, Delta 425, Stealth 400c, and maybe Aero Pouch soon). My only "compliant" is now you gave me more to overthink.... from other thread I was ready to go with AeroPouch and "regular" cage.... now you mention new bags seem to work better with Gorilla cages... my 425 came with Gorilla XT.... not sure if it would still be too tight with new bag. I'll post question on the new aeropouch thread :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't see the question posted yet, but happy to help when you do!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply