Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA brake question
Quote | Reply
Working on building up a Felt IA FRD. The frame came with all the pieces for the front brake, but the rear brake is missing parts. Couple of questions.

1. On the rear brake, I'm missing the part that "holds" the brake pads. What is this called? Is it the "brake shoes"?
2. Where can one find the above missing part?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA brake question [madcapper2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are called "Brake Cartridges" and you can pretty much find them at any bike shop. I'd guess you can get them on the cheap. Just verify which brake calipers you have and get the appropriate one for those as these differ from model to model.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA brake question [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The brand is Felt for the brakes and I'm coming up with zip on buying just the cartridges. Maybe my Google Fu is weak today. Do Shimano or anyone else's fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the frame new or used?
If new, go to felt, they should send you the parts gratis.

If used, I think the rear mount is the shimano direct mount standard.
If yes, go with a shimano brake or an eebrake for direct mount.

That would be what I would do.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daaaahhhhh sorry I had a brain fart! Of course they are Felt brakes, I didn't put 2 and 2 together sorry. I'll check my bike and see if the others fit. I am leaning towards YES for Shimano working or TRP, etc. They are all similar these days but it's a tight fit beneath these IA bikes so there is a higher possibility than normal that it MAY be specific. You could also try messaging SuperDave or Well_Felt on these boards to get a direct answer. SuperDave is always a great resource as he is the product manager for their road/tri range.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
madcapper2 wrote:
Working on building up a Felt IA FRD. The frame came with all the pieces for the front brake, but the rear brake is missing parts. Couple of questions.

1. On the rear brake, I'm missing the part that "holds" the brake pads. What is this called? Is it the "brake shoes"?
2. Where can one find the above missing part?

Thanks.

You can't use eecycleworks, you cannot use Shimano or any of the other suggestions offered above.
The brakes use an offset mounted pad holder. You need this offset or the pads will contact the frame and prevent function on the rear.

Contact your local Felt Dealer and they can request a set from the dealer support services in your area.
Tektro makes offset brake pads as well but I do not know of an aftermarket source.

See page 56 and 57 for a description and visual reference.
https://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Owners_Manual.pdf

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA brake question [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave.
Quote Reply