Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA1 Owners - Have you Experienced This?
Quote | Reply

I’ve just received my IA1 build and couldn’t be happier!!! But there are a few small dteails that I am wondering if all IA owners have been faced with, or if its just a one-off. This is from the email that I sent Felt directly to see what they said about it:

“#1 – The rubber nutrition cover on the top tub seems to not sit flush on one side of the bike. After some inspection, seems that the tab that goes into the side and is supposed to hold the piece flush is not fully going in and “clicking” in place, resulting in the below result:

#2- The cover that goes above the front break to cover the cabling seems to be missing a screw. The shop said they tried multiple screws that came with the set but none fit or would thread properly into it. I currently have only 1 screw holding that piece and would hate to lose it due to a missing screw. Picture below:

#3 – What is supposed to happen with the unused holes of the aero bar? Are they supposed to be left open and exposed? There is nothing in the kit that seems to be in provided to cover these:

Also - what is supposed to happen with the rear break cable that is left hanging off the caliper? mine was about 3 inches long and was rounded to just be folded into the cover, but its not held in place. Ive already noticed it pop out and rub against the rear wheel.

You guys?

3toronto Triathlon
Last edited by: 416_CBass: Aug 26, 15 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 Owners - Have you Experienced This? [416_CBass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Issue #1, yes. Had that exact issue with the bulge at the slot tab

#2 Yes and Yes. Left side (if you're standing over the bike) screw boss int he stem seemed not to be drilled out correctly, therefore the included screws couldn't or wouldn't go in. We needed to use short screws. What then happened was after a few months the carbon tabs ont he cover cracked. Those were replaced and I purposely backed off the torque and the left side still cracked.

#3 When I put on my rear disk and opened up the brakes, the tip of the rear brake cable rubbed on the tire. I just clipped off 1/4" with wire cutters.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 Owners - Have you Experienced This? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, thanks for the feedbak!

what about the holes on the handle bars? you still have those?

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well yeah, I guess you could put 2 of the extra screws in there. They never bothered me though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up taping down my plastic bento box cover for racing - it comes off too easily. I used one piece of gorilla tape and folded over a little tab in case I had to get in there for some reason. in my experience the plastic cover loosens over time (one season) and seems to come off too easily now.

I just left the extra holes - there doesn't seem to be any reason to do otherwise as they don't expose the internal frame to weather.

I had the same problem with my brake cable - but at the front. The cable was actually touching my tire and creating drag. It was hard to trim because of the frame so I ended up tucking it up inside as much as possible.

My question is not IA-specific - its about the Di2 rear derailer 'cable' (wire?). Twice now it has come unplugged leaving me in a single gear (and reminding me to ALWAYS keep my bike charged). It is an easy fix - I just push it back in and everything works. But somehow this seems like it shouldn't happen. Anyone have a solution?

And yes, its an awesome bike. Got me to Kona for the first time.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 Owners - Have you Experienced This? [Kate S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way that should pop out easily...thats why Shimano makes a tool to connect/ disconnect! Either the derailleur input or the cable has a defect that isn't allowing it to stay in. Have you made sure it "clicks": into the slot?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pushed it in until it felt secure - but don't know anything about a connect / disconnect tool. Perhaps they missed a step in the build?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 Owners - Have you Experienced This? [Kate S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
di2 tool

You should be able to push it in, but there should be a 'click' when its secure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one of these from my LBS as they had a bunch laying around from all the builds they had done. May be worth a try for yourself...

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My nutrition cover does same thing.

The screw for that plate worked fine for a few months, now nothing will thread in there, i just leave it without the screw, fortunately the other side has not had the same issue

I do not cover the other set of aerobar openings.

Lastly have a great time with the rear brake. Its the worst part of the bike. You or you bike shop will spend countless hours dealing with a variety of rear brake issues. I have resorted to riding without it.
Quote Reply