Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA10
Quote | Reply
I am curious about replacing the IA10 Aerobars. I have a size 58 and for the life of me can't find what size I need. I am thinking about changing the bend any suggestions?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the felt bayonet 3 bar uses standard 22.2mm diameter extensions. you can swap them out for pretty much any standard extension type. you can also swap out the mount/riser system and use any clip on aerobar system you'd like as the base bar has a standard 31.8mm clamping section

here's the link to the profile design accessories section that has all of their offerings:

http://www.profile-design.com/product/accessories/
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Jul 26, 16 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
the felt bayonet 3 bar uses standard 22.2mm diameter extensions. you can swap them out for pretty much any standard extension type. you can also swap out the mount/riser system and use any clip on aerobar system you'd like as the base bar has a standard 31.8mm clamping section

here's the link to the profile design accessories section that has all of their offerings:

I know this is old, but do I have to use the Felt Risers or will something like this work? I switched from a B12 to a IA10 and its to aggressive for me. I'm having a hard time getting the Felt risers and want to just buy local if I can.

http://www.profile-design.com/product/accessories/aerobar-bracket-riser-kit/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funk wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

I know this is old, but do I have to use the Felt Risers or will something like this work? I switched from a B12 to a IA10 and its to aggressive for me. I'm having a hard time getting the Felt risers and want to just buy local if I can.

Are you asking if you can use differnt extensions with the Bayonette 3 base bar or if you can use different spacers with the Bayonette 3 arm rests/extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
funk wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

Are you asking if you can use differnt extensions with the Bayonette 3 base bar or if you can use different spacers with the Bayonette 3 arm rests/extensions?

I need to raise my bars, so I guess I saying the extensions. Its like pulling teeth trying to get someone in my town to get some for me from Felt and Felt won't sell them to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, you need pedestal spacers?
These should have come with the bike. Did you buy it new?
A friend of mine bought a B14 last year, which uses the same Bayonet 3 bar and decided a little while later he needed to raise the pads. The shop had kept the spacers, bolts, washers and bridges that come with the bike/cockpit. When I made him aware of what he should have received with the bike he went back and had stern words with them. (Bringing along a copy of the Bayonet 3 manual to show them the parts list). It took a bit of unpleasantness, but eventually they gave in and handed over the hardware pack. He'd bought it and they simply kept it. Presumably to either sell on separately or use as a free source of spare parts. I have no idea if this is common practice but it stinks.

Here's the Bayonet 3 manual so you can see what you need. Felt used to sell the components separately online from their website. I don't know if they still do.

https://www.feltbicycles.com/Resources/Manuals/Felt_Bayonet_3_Alloy_AeroBar_Manual.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made that phone call and was told no. I even called other Felt dealers in my area and they all told me the same. Nobody wants to order them for me, I always get the standard. Felt is closed now or they never answer the phone. I always come back with, I know there're open because they're 2 hours behind us. And when I call, I always get someone on the phone. It may take5-10 minutes, but I get someone. I live in one of the largest cities in the US, Houston, Texas. It's a shame Felt only has a few different dealers here. They have a big dealer with multiple stores, but we don't get along anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funk wrote:
I made that phone call and was told no. I even called other Felt dealers in my area and they all told me the same. Nobody wants to order them for me, I always get the standard. Felt is closed now or they never answer the phone. I always come back with, I know there're open because they're 2 hours behind us. And when I call, I always get someone on the phone. It may take5-10 minutes, but I get someone. I live in one of the largest cities in the US, Houston, Texas. It's a shame Felt only has a few different dealers here. They have a big dealer with multiple stores, but we don't get along anymore.

what specifically do you need? I have an IA1 and all kinds of extra spacers and risers, and I am in Houston. If I can help you out I will

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
funk wrote:

what specifically do you need? I have an IA1 and all kinds of extra spacers and risers, and I am in Houston. If I can help you out I will

I need the spacers to lift my aero bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you bought the bike new, go demand the hardware pack for the bar. don't be shy about it. the bike came with it, it should have been given to you. mine came with a bunch of risers, bolts, and more little washers than i'll ever need in my lifetime
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my B12 new last summer, I bought a IA10 frame through my shop with the crash replacement warranty. I called and they told me Felt doesn't send extra spacers with there bikes. I just sent Felt a email telling them about my situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if the frameset didn't come with the bar, that would explain that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have plenty of spacers as well. Probably all of them since I've switch armrests. I'm in Orlando, but don't mind shipping them out if you need them.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the B12 and the IA10 frame from the same shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When my wife purchased her IA 10, the dealer didn't give her all the parts that can be changed. Those parts come with the bike and they belong to you. I wasn't a jerk about it, but I had to firmly request our parts, which include risers and all the parts you need. Don't be afraid to ask for something that belongs to you.
Quote Reply