Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave?
Quote | Reply
I can't find the geometry chart anywhere for the Felt F1 PR.
SuperDave or anyone else care to post this?
Will it really take 32mm tire?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
I can't find the geometry chart anywhere for the Felt F1 PR.
SuperDave or anyone else care to post this?
Will it really take 32mm tire?

The geo chart is in our catalog. Let me try to dig it up. What size do you think you need?
I have 33mm Vittoria TNT 'cross tires on mine with Ultegra tubeless wheels. It's been a great set up for all the fire roads in SoCal.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I need a 56cm, seems like stack is pretty low on the 54- also seems like it is sized so sizing up will not be a big deal.
I found this- http://www.feltbicycles.com/...road/race/F1-PR.aspx
Are all the dimensions accurate in this chart?
I ask because there is no way to get the stack and reach to measure up when using 72.3 as head and seat angle for a 56cm frame.
Reach comes out too short with 72.3 degree seat angle. So seat angle, toptube length and reach are suspect. One of them has to be incorrect.
Can you verify all measurements for a 56cm?
When are these available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
I think I need a 56cm, seems like stack is pretty low on the 54- also seems like it is sized so sizing up will not be a big deal.
I found this- http://www.feltbicycles.com/...road/race/F1-PR.aspx
Are all the dimensions accurate in this chart?
I ask because there is no way to get the stack and reach to measure up when using 72.3 as head and seat angle for a 56cm frame.
Reach comes out too short with 72.3 degree seat angle. So seat angle, toptube length and reach are suspect. One of them has to be incorrect.
Can you verify all measurements for a 56cm?
When are these available?

The top tube is the same as our other F-series in c-c but slightly shorter because of the slacker angles used for the cobbles.
The fork is longer than a standard fork because of the added tire clearance.
The bikes are in stock now and selling fast. Once they are gone, they're gone. This was an exceptional circumstance that lead them to be available to the public at all.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you would surmise that reach is the measurement that may be inaccurate?
Listed reach on the geometry chart is for F1 PR (on the website) in 56cm is 386mm. Listed reach for standard F1 is 397.
When plotting the geometry for the F1 PR on bikecad I come up with a reach of 382.
Any help verifying complete geometry would be helpful.
Hard to get my head around ordering one if I am not sure of the exact geometry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Listed reach on the geometry chart is for F1 PR (on the website) in 56cm is 386mm. Listed reach for standard F1 is 397.
When plotting the geometry for the F1 PR on bikecad I come up with a reach of 382.

Yes, I think the top tube dimensions are swapped. The C-C should be the same for all the F-series carbon bikes because the molds were made with the same dimensions. The F1 PR has a modified rear dropout and fork to get the huge tires to fit and this change also lowers the BB and slackens the angles.

I'll check in the morning when I have access to the drawings.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your attention on this.
I have an itch for a gravel bike but I feel like many of the new offerings are overkill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Thanks for your attention on this.
I have an itch for a gravel bike but I feel like many of the new offerings are overkill.

A couple points on that, all our bikes are gravel bikes. Gravel is where you ride, not what you ride.
We have race series bikes like our F1 PR that is suitable for events like the World Tour cobbled classics as well as races like Battenkill, Cone-Azalia, and any other road races ridden under UCI rules or where a road race bike is preferred.
We have bikes like our Z and Z disc with a more endurance focused geo with compliance built into the frame design and added standover height to offset a 28mm tire selection vs. a tradtional 23mm tread.
We have our new V-series bikes with upright riding positions and disc brakes to provide a more heads-up posture, 35mm+ tire clearance, and braze ons for a compliment of any possible accessory fitting.
We have our CX bikes that have traditionally be the mixed surface choice for consumers.

Like with road riding, gravel doesn't require a special bike, it requires that you buy the bike that suits your preferred riding method, fit and intended utility.

The industry loves to load up bike shops and consumers with new categories by creating an ever widening product range. With 26" and 29" MTB sales stabilizing the 650B was well timed to reinvigorate sales and with the advent of road disc brakes it seems that cyclo-cross and pure road bikes needed a sibling to spur sales thus the #gravel market was invented.

More on your geo question when I've got the drawings and time to check on 'em.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
The industry loves to load up bike shops and consumers with new categories by creating an ever widening product range. With 26" and 29" MTB sales stabilizing the 650B was well timed to reinvigorate sales and with the advent of road disc brakes it seems that cyclo-cross and pure road bikes needed a sibling to spur sales thus the #gravel market was invented.

Nicely put
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Sep 2, 14 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

Nicely put

Now go buy a few!

:)

SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:

The top tube dimension listed at the horizontal is a virtual measurement. We essentially draw a line ~25mm down from the top of the head tube and go back to the seat tube.
Top tube dimensions on a road bike with a longer axle/crown length and low BB will give some funky fit comparison issues. Use the stack and reach numbers to compare to your current fit or other bikes.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super Dave,

Would the 33 mm Vittoria TNT cross tires still clear with wider rimmed wheels like the H+Son Archtype?

Cheers.

Liam
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [crazywhippet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crazywhippet wrote:
Super Dave,

Would the 33 mm Vittoria TNT cross tires still clear with wider rimmed wheels like the H+Son Archtype?

Cheers.

Liam

Clear? Probably but not practically. You'd need stiffly laced wheels and no debris, mud, etc.
I recommend the 30mm width for the frame.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 33mm Vittoria TNT 'cross tires on mine with Ultegra tubeless wheels. It's been a great set up for all the fire roads in SoCal.

Dave what brakes would work with this set up? I am thinking of purchasing a "Do it all" bike and this looks interesting. My 2011 F1 was one of my fav frames of all time.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stock TRP RG957 long reach calipers should provide plenty of clearance. Shimano's R451 and R650 will work as well.

Do you have a line on an F1 PR? They're getting hard to come by. Looks like we have a couple 56cm left in the warehouse, but they won't last.

Quote | Reply
I would need a 54, I don't have a line on one yet. It is a bit early, I am looking at November.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 Pr question- SuperDave? [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're completely out of 54cm in completes and frames, and will not be restocking the PR moving forward. Best bet is to find one at a dealer... Shoot me an email with your location and I can give you an idea of who may have one.

wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom