Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B-series pad reach/stack
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Me and my wife are both buying our first triathlon bikes, but have trouble when comparing the manufacturers geometry numbers to those we got from a bike fit.
From bike fit we got following pad reach/stack (pad center) numbers:

Me:
Pad reach/X 462
Pad Stack/Y 651

Wife:
Pad reach/X 434
Pad stack/Y 645

We're looking for budget price bikes and for those its hard to get any pad reach/stack info. Canyon Spedmax 7.0 gives those but e.g not Felt that we're intrested in.
So do you have pad reach/stack info for Felt B14 (I think Felt B series all have same frame geometry) and which sizes would be best?
I think that 54 of the Felt B-series would be good for me, but I'm not sure if 51 would be ok for my wife. According to the pad reach/stack she needs a short and high bike (?)

Also if there are other good alternatives in same price class as the B14 with some pad reach/stack info available I would gladly know.

Regards,
Mikael
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B-series pad reach/stack [mikael81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitcdh has a list:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/index.php

But i do not know how updated it is!
Seems kinda outdated sadly, would be so nice with a whole list!

EDIT:

Seems like they have it right on their webpage:

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Bikes/TT-TRI/b-series/B14-2018.aspx
Find the bike and click geometry.:
This is what they list for b14:
each375388405420436444Stack468521535554573602

Last edited by: lassekk: Oct 16, 17 3:28
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B-series pad reach/stack [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Slowtwitcdh has a list:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/index.php

EDIT:

Seems like they have it right on their webpage:

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Bikes/TT-TRI/b-series/B14-2018.aspx

Thanks... but those are all frame stack/reach and I'm intrested in pad stack/reach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you confident in the fit? Are you sure those numbers will hold up if you need to change position. i.e. more aggressive/ less aggressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mikael81 wrote:
Hi,

Me and my wife are both buying our first triathlon bikes, but have trouble when comparing the manufacturers geometry numbers to those we got from a bike fit.
From bike fit we got following pad reach/stack (pad center) numbers:

Me:
Pad reach/X 462
Pad Stack/Y 651

Wife:
Pad reach/X 434
Pad stack/Y 645

We're looking for budget price bikes and for those its hard to get any pad reach/stack info. Canyon Spedmax 7.0 gives those but e.g not Felt that we're intrested in.
So do you have pad reach/stack info for Felt B14 (I think Felt B series all have same frame geometry) and which sizes would be best?
I think that 54 of the Felt B-series would be good for me, but I'm not sure if 51 would be ok for my wife. According to the pad reach/stack she needs a short and high bike (?)

Also if there are other good alternatives in same price class as the B14 with some pad reach/stack info available I would gladly know.

Regards,
Mikael
We calculate pad stack/reach for the B14 internally. Using those numbers, she's a 51 and you're a 51 or 54.

Both of your measurements are VERY narrow/tall so I have some concern over the validity of your numbers. If you could post photos, that would help.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B-series pad reach/stack [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trent,

I never had a chance to thank you for some advice you gave me on my fit via email and a phone call a few months back. Made my fit much more sustainable.

Thanks again.

Damian.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B-series pad reach/stack [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad I didn't screw it up! Thanks for the kind words.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B-series pad reach/stack [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Are you confident in the fit? Are you sure those numbers will hold up if you need to change position. i.e. more aggressive/ less aggressive.

trentnix wrote:
mikael81 wrote:
Me:
Pad reach/X 462
Pad Stack/Y 651

Wife:
Pad reach/X 434
Pad stack/Y 645 l
We calculate pad stack/reach for the B14 internally. Using those numbers, she's a 51 and you're a 51 or 54.

Both of your measurements are VERY narrow/tall so I have some concern over the validity of your numbers. If you could post photos, that would help.

Unfortunately I don't have photos, but here's the diagrams with all the numbers:

Also as said this is the first triathlon bike, so the position is not so aggressive now. Related to this what's the minimum pad stack for the Felt B-series size 54?

-Mikael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minimum stack of the 54 is 639.

Just for the record, I don't believe in this kind of stuff: "this is the first triathlon bike, so the position is not so aggressive now"

I know it sounds like wisdom but unless you expect a body composition change, there's no reason you shouldn't be riding in an aerodynamic position now. You are welcome to choose not to, but the fact this is your first triathlon bike doesn't limit you as much as conventional wisdom would lead you to believe.

That said, if you are expecting to drop 10+% of your body weight as you train, then that can potentially allow a more aggressive future position than you can initially sustain.

Trent Nix
Last edited by: trentnix: Oct 16, 17 6:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do your self a favor and get picture s be fore you make a purchase. I've been down this road and spent way too much money on crappy Fits and bikes that Don't Fit. Long term pictures will save you a lot of money!!!! And listen to TRENT
Quote Reply