Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is time to start a gofundme to battle Diamondback?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
However, what was actually returned is substantially different to what was originally sent (bike frame which has been modified vs whole bike). The question is whether the issues are a result of any of the changes that were made to the bike and if PayPal has to offer a refund for a purchase that was changed, used and then returned.

My guess it that Diamondback is trying to figure if they can claim the issue is a result of the wrenching/upgraded parts that were added to the frame. If they can claim the issue originates from anything that was done to the bike after they shipped it then they won't pay up. Now Diamondback's response indicates the issue is really with the original frame (or they would have stated the issue already) and they are just trying to find a way out of offering a refund.

This discussion occurred before I sent the bike back. The refund was promised. At no point in the discussion was the prospect of no refund entertained. If it had been, I wouldn't have stripped everything from the frameset and sent it back. Remember that I was working through the issues with the bike with Diamondback for two months, swapping stems and forks and the like. Now, obviously they aren't going to admit fault, which I can understand, but you need to give the customer back his money when we all know which party is actually at fault here.

I'm going to go with the theory about liquidity, or maybe mismanagement of fixed budget within this particular division of the parent company Accell. This parent company has a habit of hemorrhaging tens of millions of euros annually, despite selling well over one million bikes globally each year. And they are spending like mad men on this Andean project. They started with the most expensive design outlet in cycling. And this season they have been jetting around the world to every MDot race with half a dozen demo bikes in tow -- do you know how expensive this stuff is? They have multiple paid consultants from this message board alone, and of course there's the advertising:

Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
But, the way they've handled themselves is horribly negligent if only in regard to their brand - I mean, they know Kiley published the aero test; how long could they screw him over before their treatment of him was made public? Why would they risk their brand like that? Have they thought this through? It just appears there are silos within DB that aren't able to be communicated across

This is the part that makes the least sense to me. These guys know that I have a big mouth online. I have non-public relationships with several of them, and I generally like them. My initial review on the bike, which was far from positive, made the rounds at Diamondback, and they all read it. So this is the person you plan to jerk around for six weeks and refuse to return money to? It's mind boggling. I wasn't going to start a thread like this about the ongoing issues if they processed the refund and made it right, or as right as possible. But here we are
Last edited by: kileyay: Sep 13, 17 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
I have had a lot of purchase, product failure, and return experiences as a consumer in this triathlon/cycling space. I've been through over 25 bikes in four years, at least half direct to consumer. I have never had problems this bad. Hell, my DHGate and Aliexpress experiences have been far better buying fake Cernelo frames and china crap components.
Curious to know why you are going through so many bikes. What is your goal and strategy in your bike selection process? Could it be that DB is skeptical of your motivation and goals?
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why would how often he buys new bikes have any impact on whether or not he was owed money? is motivation and goal is that he wants his money back. are you proposing that DB thinks maybe he doesn't want his money back?

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in the liquidity camp. They may not have money to send.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
But, the way they've handled themselves is horribly negligent if only in regard to their brand - I mean, they know Kiley published the aero test; how long could they screw him over before their treatment of him was made public? Why would they risk their brand like that? Have they thought this through? It just appears there are silos within DB that aren't able to be communicated across

This is the part that makes the least sense to me. These guys know that I have a big mouth online. I have non-public relationships with several of them, and I generally like them. My initial review on the bike, which was far from positive, made the rounds at Diamondback, and they all read it. So this is the person you plan to jerk around for six weeks and refuse to return money to? It's mind boggling. I wasn't going to start a thread like this about the ongoing issues if they processed the refund and made it right, or as right as possible. But here we are

My thoughts have always been a customer service is everything.

IMO, one person's less than positive initial review of the bike won't scare away as many customers as one person's horrible experience with customer service.

They obviously think enough of the slow twitch community are potential buyers that they would run a lot of ads on here, and to be honest, it's been one of the bikes that I have been considering upgradong to, but stuff like this.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, did you try a different stem? Surely looks like there's a clearance issue, keeping the stem in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
kileyay wrote:
I have had a lot of purchase, product failure, and return experiences as a consumer in this triathlon/cycling space. I've been through over 25 bikes in four years, at least half direct to consumer. I have never had problems this bad. Hell, my DHGate and Aliexpress experiences have been far better buying fake Cernelo frames and china crap components.
Curious to know why you are going through so many bikes. What is your goal and strategy in your bike selection process? Could it be that DB is skeptical of your motivation and goals?

This is basically completely irrelevant and not unusual in this world, especially if you work in the industry or have connections or you just like trying different stuff, or even all of the above...
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Brushman wrote:
kileyay wrote:

This is basically completely irrelevant and not unusual in this world, especially if you work in the industry or have connections or you just like trying different stuff, or even all of the above...

I think 25 bikes in 4 years is a total waste of time and energy. I don't care how many industry contacts you have or how much money you have. A new bike every 2 months? The company that owns DB is unfortunately in a state of disarray and this is really a management issue with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at a race on the gulf coast last weekend, and ducked into a local waffle shop (I was low on waffle after the race). They had a big sign on the wall with their mission statement on it - best mission statement I have ever seen.

"Please the Customer"

Let DB know their customer service is worse than a waffle shop.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sorry for you.

Quote:
I think 25 bikes in 4 years is a total waste of time and energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Brushman wrote:
kileyay wrote:

Im with James on this. Kiley's buying habits have nothing to do with what DB agreed to. They agreed to take it back, they agreed to refund his money, and while they have taken the bike back they refuse to act on refund, which they AGREED to.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
I think 25 bikes in 4 years is a total waste of time and energy. I don't care how many industry contacts you have or how much money you have. A new bike every 2 months?

I don't know why I'm wasting the time or energy responding to this, but...

I like trying a lot of bikes. I like talking about bikes. I like riding bikes. I like new bikes, old bikes, cheap bikes, rich bikes. For a while, I had a pro triathlete girlfriend, and I bought her a bunch of bikes too, and I was sorry to see those bikes go. Sometimes I acquire bikes for friends pro bono. I just like bikes.

You're allowed to like other things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we be friends? I have nothing to offer in the friendship other than a lust for a new bike and a need for a friend to buy it for me.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are few things more frustrating than a company giving rubbish customer service, especially when that involves failing to refund money when they've already agreed to refund money. It's frankly quite bizarre.

With your connections though, I'm surprised you haven't managed to escalate things up the chain to someone who could fix this quicker, especially since posting this thread.

No developments?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bullshit, you do not like cheap bikes

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lesson for us all: Never Buy Low Serial Numbers.

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
I am sorry for you.

Quote:
I think 25 bikes in 4 years is a total waste of time and energy.

Why? 25 bikes in 4 years is as insane as Floyd Mayweather only wearing a pair of underwear once.

25 bikes in 4 years is hardly enough time to get adapted to any given bike.[/quote]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
For a while, I had a pro triathlete girlfriend, and I bought her a bunch of bikes too, and I was sorry to see those bikes go.
Zing! Off topic, but how do you have your garmin mounted in that pic? I tried doing something like that with rubber bands but it never seemed very stable/solid

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
endosch2 wrote:
I think 25 bikes in 4 years is a total waste of time and energy. I don't care how many industry contacts you have or how much money you have. A new bike every 2 months?

I don't know why I'm wasting the time or energy responding to this, but...

I like trying a lot of bikes. I like talking about bikes. I like riding bikes. I like new bikes, old bikes, cheap bikes, rich bikes. For a while, I had a pro triathlete girlfriend, and I bought her a bunch of bikes too, and I was sorry to see those bikes go. Sometimes I acquire bikes for friends pro bono. I just like bikes.

You're allowed to like other things.

You may like bikes even more than I do. AWESOME!

I agree regarding liquidity. I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I wonder if DB's decision to go consumer direct had impact on their liquidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting.
Lots of things about the bike and the company are troubling.
A lesson for all, including us.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
kileyay wrote:
For a while, I had a pro triathlete girlfriend, and I bought her a bunch of bikes too, and I was sorry to see those bikes go.

Zing!

Off topic, but how do you have your garmin mounted in that pic? I tried doing something like that with rubber bands but it never seemed very stable/solid

It looks like a Glen Alden carbon computer mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Caveat emptor with Diamondback: Andean purchase experience worst ever in my tri/cycling consumerism history [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
PayPal will take care of it in a heartbeat. They're good.

As an update, just received this:

PayPal wrote:
We've completed our review and decided this case in your favor. You will receive a $2,929.99 USD refund from Accell North America Inc. The refund amount should reflect in your PayPal balance within 5 business days, if not sooner. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm going to bet that you get no further communication from them, and that they are way too chicken shit to come on ST to address this publicly.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply

Prev Next