Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feel like a moron - basic Strava questions
Quote | Reply
I have looked for about 45 minutes online, and can't find an answer.

I have one long ride to do prior to getting my Fenix3. I'd like to record it via app, if possible, with my garmin HRM and speed/cadence sensor.

Is there a way to connect the Strava app to those two items? I have a Galaxy Note 4.

I downloaded the MapMyRide app, and my HR is connected, but it's not recognizing the S&C sensor.

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel like a moron - basic Strava questions [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the app only pairs with bluetooth, not ANT+. So it depends on what sensors you have.

One workaround would be to download the Wahoo app. It's free, can sync with ANT+, and auto syncs to Strava.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel like a moron - basic Strava questions [S Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
S Train wrote:
I think the app only pairs with bluetooth, not ANT+. So it depends on what sensors you have.

One workaround would be to download the Wahoo app. It's free, can sync with ANT+, and auto syncs to Strava.

Wahoo is a much better app for riding than Strava (Strava doesn't show real time speed). Just have Wahoo upload the ride to Strava when you are done (best of both worlds).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Feel like a moron - basic Strava questions [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Galaxy Note 4 has a built in ANT+ chip, like most recent Samsung models, so it's just a case of finding a compatible app.

I've not tried the Wahoo app mentioned above, but the "Garmin Fit" app certainly does what you want without any hassle. It costs like $1 in the Google Play Store and is very basic, but it uploads straight to Garmin Connect and also supports footpod if you need it for treadmill runs etc.

Worth it as an emergency backup in my opinion, because it's helped me out recording workouts on a couple of occasions when I've forgotten my watch or its out of battery.
Quote Reply