Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike
Quote | Reply
Basically the subject header. If you are among the minority (I'd guess) of people using a "normal" saddle on your TT bike, what do you use? By "normal" I'm excluding split nose and cutoff designs like ISM or Fizik Trtone, and count the Sitero and most of Cobb in that company. But I would probably count something with a narrow relief channel like the Bonty Hilo. Open to your interpretation.

And let's not do the whole "but why don't you do this instead" thing... suffice it to say that I have tried bunches and bunches of saddles and want to have another go at something like what I started out with. Which incidentally was the Selle Italia SLR Tri.

Let 'er rip.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Selle Italia SLR Titanium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobb shc
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fizik Arione Tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I left the Adamo TT for the Specialized Power.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you sit centrally on this saddle? It looks a lot more like a traditional saddle where you might sit a bit to one side, but obviously it has the relief channel.

Cheers for feedback all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the fizik arione looks great

I didn't try the tri version - but the classic version was instantly comfortable for 5 hour rides in aero - so cant imagine an improvement with extra padding
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Cobb shc

+1, but I just noticed the cover is ripped a bit so I ordered a Cobb 55. Not sure how I'll like it, or if I'll like it at all. I never really disliked the SHC. I figure this was the proper time to try something different. If I don't like it, I'll return it and get a replacement SHC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sit square on it, I've never agreed with any of the tri saddles. Square edged with thigh glides is the answer for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Fizik Tritone with the bottle mount that I could just not get my position right on the bike. Will be for sale soon. I also have a Fizik Arione Tri but the Fizik Ares is the one that works best for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done 3x IM on an Arione over the years, and was still able to have kids :)

ETA - I've been on a Cobb Max since 2011, but did revert to the Arione for Frankfurt in 2015 (couldn't tie a cage behind the Cobb until I got a more fwd seat clamp on the SC)

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Jul 7, 17 3:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fizik Arione classic road saddle

I have one on every bike except my mountain bike
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before I switched to a Spec Sitero I was using a Fizik Arione Tri for a few years and was reasonably happy with it ( altough I do prefer the Sitero).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Basically the subject header. If you are among the minority (I'd guess) of people using a "normal" saddle on your TT bike, what do you use? By "normal" I'm excluding split nose and cutoff designs like ISM or Fizik Trtone, and count the Sitero and most of Cobb in that company. But I would probably count something with a narrow relief channel like the Bonty Hilo. Open to your interpretation.

And let's not do the whole "but why don't you do this instead" thing... suffice it to say that I have tried bunches and bunches of saddles and want to have another go at something like what I started out with. Which incidentally was the Selle Italia SLR Tri.

Let 'er rip.

After trying a number of different saddles I have been happy switching over to the Dash Cycles TRI.7.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm backwards in that I use a "normal" saddle on my trip bike* (Arione) and a "try" saddle on my road bike (Cobb JOF). Works for me.

*Technically I don't have a tri bike anymore as I've retired but that's what I used for everything including 9 IM's.
Last edited by: logella: Jul 7, 17 4:31
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonti xxx hilo for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobb V-Flow Max for me! I've had a couple. The first one was a test saddle back in 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my only TT/tri saddle for the last 19 years has been this guy:

i have an old SLR that I tour/MTB/'cross on, too, and I like it - i'm generally a minimalist when it comes to saddles, but 'el diabolo' is a sentimental favourite and i'll keep riding it until it falls apart.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Fizik Arione Tri

Ditto. Mine came stock on my P2 about 5 years ago and I've never had any motivation to replace it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the studio, I have the best results with the following:

Cobb Randee
WTB Volt
SQlab 611 Ergowave (yeah, it's a MTB saddle)
Cobb SHC
Profile Design Vertex 80 TT (it's new to me, but it's getting a decent reaction - it's kind of a mini-Randee, for lack of a better way to describe it)
Chromag Juniper (it's a women's MTB saddle)

I think the underlying theme with all of these, with the only exception being the Cobb SHC, is that they all have a fairly substantial nose that allows you to get decent skeletal support when up on the rivet. That's my theory, anyway.

The SHC works well for people who need some thigh clearance. It's pretty narrow, overall.

On a side note: had a person try 51 different saddles last night... Most people try out around 20-24. I'd be lost without my BikeFit SwitchIt.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike came with th e Fizik Arione tri, which was no good for anything much longer than Olympic. I then went to the Arione versus which has a shallow groove along it which was a great improvement. I then went to the Arione VSX which has a much deeper groove in it and this has been great, even for all day in the saddle rides. The VSX is great because it has that relief groove but the nose of the saddle is still narrow unlike the twin rail saddles and it doesnt feel like youre about to fall off the front like my Tritone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Power. Works ok as long as you don't move around a lot. If you slide up you will be sitting on the top tube. Truly a one position seat.

My other favorite is the Hilo. I am using it on the TT bike and have found a position that is really comfortable. I bought a new carbon rail one to try on the road bike as well. I have ridden Ronim saddles on the road bike since they came out, but they just aren't as comfy as they used to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moved from Arione tri to Ares about 3 years ago. Don't really like either.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite "normal" saddles for your TT bike [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ktri wrote:
cyclenutnz wrote:
Cobb shc

+1, but I just noticed the cover is ripped a bit so I ordered a Cobb 55. Not sure how I'll like it, or if I'll like it at all. I never really disliked the SHC. I figure this was the proper time to try something different. If I don't like it, I'll return it and get a replacement SHC.

In my experience, the Cobb 55 really only works as a pure tri saddle, the back part is flat rather than cupped in a way that functions poorly for a more traditional position on the saddle. The Cobb Randee, on the other hand, functions well in both more of a tri mode and more of a traditional mode. Cobb also has a fantastic return policy, so you can order and try without any penalty except return shipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of these... done three 12 hour races on this, plus 100's, 50's etc... but I'm a uk tester not a tri peep.

http://road.cc/...e-racing-team-saddle
Quote Reply