Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest ever mile in an IM
Quote | Reply
Have been thinking of the fastest mile ever during an IM run, sub 6 is fairly standard among the top runners, but does anyone have an idea of the fastest mile? Sub 5? Sub 4:50?

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever mile in an IM [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we go by the tracker, it's probably like 3:30 :|
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever mile in an IM [TerwooRd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Have been thinking of the fastest mile ever during an IM run, sub 6 is fairly standard among the top runners, but does anyone have an idea of the fastest mile? Sub 5? Sub 4:50?
Dont know but would be more interested in fastest mile during final 5-6 miles of an IM! Heard on the broadcast that Lange allegedly ran 5:45-pace for final 2-3 miles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:

My guess is Macca's downhill of Palani and surge at the bottom against Andreas Ralaert. That's gotta be the fastest mile ever in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever mile in an IM [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Dont know but would be more interested in fastest mile during final 5-6 miles of an IM! Heard on the broadcast that Lange allegedly ran 5:45-pace for final 2-3 miles
Yeah that would be an awesome record to break! I’m thinking like how Kimetto split 14:09 between 30-35k (I think), now someone just has to run a sub 16 5 k between 30-35k

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Not Kona but the last 5km in Roth 1997 when LVL won were really fast. If I recall, it was a low 16.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ever mile in an IM [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Look at the elevation profile for the last couple of miles. After the Dave and Mark hill it’s basucally all downhill, and Palani is STEEP.

I’d bet some pros have done sub-5:30 heading out onto Alii in the first few miles.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I recall from discussions with Matt Hanson some time ago the last year he raced Kona as an AG'er, 2013, his last mile was sub 5:00 (he ran 2:53 that day).

David

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Last edited by: tilburs: Oct 21, 17 16:00
Quote Reply