Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest base bar?
Quote | Reply
For fit reasons I need to go with a non-integrated cockpit.

Thoughts on what the fastest 31.8 basebar is (both carbon and aluminum).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg, USE Tula, Zipp, all very slippery bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt Bayonet 3 with Hed Clip lites

I run this combo on my P4 for the same reason you mentioned.
Last edited by: Nick B: May 23, 15 21:12
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if the OP means separate aerobar sets (clip ons) from basebar, not just the stem. If he does, Tririg and USE Tule are out. Have there been any aero tests comparing base bars such as Zipp Vuka, Felt Bayonet, Profile Design Ozero etc? Really interested in the answer to this as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doubt it, more likely syntactic stratos cx. But it's got a narrow clamp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-New-Carbon-Fiber-TT-Bar-Time-Trial-Triathlon-Bike-Handlebar-420mm-UD-HB019/321760626294?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3Dff6c42a7051b453a82f9d54ba43668e4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D321690903487

These are pretty awesome for the price but the aerobar pad stack is kind of high even at its lowest. Pretty similar to the 3t brezza but with a slight drop. Other downside is shipping time.(1 month) I might be selling mine soon though as i'm going back to road biking for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
Doubt it, more likely syntactic stratos cx. But it's got a narrow clamp.

The syntace runs the cables poorly similar to the old 3t brezza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3T Brezza Nano
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The old AL Vision Tech's are fast.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if money is not an option I like these:

http://profile-design.com/...t/aerobars/aeria-t4/

http://www.zipp.com/bars/vuka-stealth/

http://enve.com/...cts/ses-aero-tt-bar/

Personally I have profile design Svet bar with Zipp alumini clip on pads & risers with Bontrager carbon ski bend aero bars. Pretty aero, easy to adjust, and wasnt too expensive.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
I am not sure if the OP means separate aerobar sets (clip ons) from basebar, not just the stem. If he does, Tririg and USE Tule are out. Have there been any aero tests comparing base bars such as Zipp Vuka, Felt Bayonet, Profile Design Ozero etc? Really interested in the answer to this as well.

Yes. To clarify, looking at basebars (so clipons will have to be added).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
aahydraa wrote:

Yes. To clarify, looking at basebars (so clipons will have to be added).

Felt Bayonet carbon base bar can be used with any extension and most arm rests with width adjustment available from Zipp pad extenders.
Many pros opt for the Bayonet3 alloy bars because of the clip on options make for near limitless angle and width positions. Look closely at Tour of CA, USPro Nationals and the upcoming World Championships in Richmond in the TT. There will be Bayonet3 bars on several bikes, some w/o logos to make sponsors happy and some stock.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
The old AL Vision Tech's are fast.

I just love hearing that. : )

Went from round Bontrager bullhorns to $71 eBay Vision aluminum's before last season. Guess I could chop off the upturned ends but I don't think it hurts me enough to warrant that.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest base bar? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Know of anyone using the old Vision bars with Zipp Alumina Clip? They are not made for the smaller diameter bars and would need a bar shim. Zipp says not to do that.

I have 2 pairs of the vision bars sitting in a box. It would be nice to use them.
Quote Reply