Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest ITT in Tour History ? ...does he get yellow today (spoilers)
Quote | Reply
EDIT: Looks like Rohan Denis practiced his TdF prologue pacing during the hour record attempt (I think Phil Ligget said 55.45 kph). Do you guys think his time holds up with the guys like Tony Martin and Cancellara on deck? Would love to see him in yellow today!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 4, 15 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastest ever time trial speed in TdF. No-one's going to beat this today.
Last edited by: Drdan: Jul 4, 15 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see you succumbed to "spoiler" ;o) Thanks. I know you disagreed but normally I will not be able to see till later. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drdan wrote:
Fastest ever time trial speed in TdF. No-one's going to beat this today.

I thought this was in between Zabriskie's and Lemond's ITT times? But Lemond's was downhill tailwind assist Versailles to Paris. This one seems to be almost a loop in downtown Utrecht.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liggett keeps saying fastest ever
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drdan wrote:
No-one's going to beat this today.

Don't award the flowers just yet....plenty of fast guys to come and this appears to be a fast course.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [pricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pricardo wrote:
Liggett keeps saying fastest ever

OK, I will change the title of this thread to "fastest".

here is what I saw on Wikipedia....but I thought Zabriskie went faster than Lemond:

Stage speeds[edit]
The fastest massed-start stage was in 1999 from Laval to Blois (194.5 km), won by Mario Cipollini at 50.4 km/h.[14] The fastest full-length time-trial is Greg LeMond's Tour winning final time trial into Paris in 1989, (24.5 km) at 54.545 km/h.[15] Chris Boardman rode faster during the 1994 prologue stage,[16] Lille-Euralille (7.2 km), with 55.2 km/h.[17] The fastest stage win was by the 2013 Orica GreenEDGE team in a team time-trial. It completed the 25 km time-trial at 57.7 km/h.[18]
The fastest climb of Alpe d'Huez was by Marco Pantani in 1997 Tour de France in 23.1 km/h.[19]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, had a blinder. Keen to see what dumoulin and martin do. Sagan wont win, but ill be keen to see how he TT's. Cancellara perhaps in with a shot here too. Speaking of Trek, Bob Jungels did well, hes in 6th atm at his first tour being only 22 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Drdan wrote:
No-one's going to beat this today.

Don't award the flowers just yet....plenty of fast guys to come and this appears to be a fast course.

Looks like he has held of Martin and Cancellara.

Contador comes in ahead of Quintana and not far off Froome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Nibali ahead of all 3 of his main rivals, though they're all pretty close. Quintana faster than I'd have expected, seemed like a course that rewarded the more powerful guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest ITT in Tour History ? ...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great day for Thibaut Pinot!
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
And Nibali ahead of all 3 of his main rivals, though they're all pretty close. Quintana faster than I'd have expected, seemed like a course that rewarded the more powerful guys.

Yes, quite surprised by where Quintana ended up. I guess living at 3000m above sea level is the way to go!!! He must feel like someone is blowing compressed Oxygen at two atmospheres into his lungs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems dennis got the win due to much lower temps than the big boys had to deal with at the late start times. 10-20k TT's in high heat are really brutal, and even 5-10 degrees can make a huge difference in power.
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Seems dennis got the win due to much lower temps than the big boys had to deal with at the late start times. 10-20k TT's in high heat are really brutal, and even 5-10 degrees can make a huge difference in power.

Would the later guys not have cooler temps? I thought that Dennis was riding around 3 pm and the others around 5pm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not see the start times, in Tony Martins interview he said it was much hotter when he started than expected and he lost quite a bit of power compared to if he had gone earlier.
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

I think it was the wind as much as the extra heat. Wind seemed to pick up for the later starters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's kind of his fault, I thought I read on the cyclingnews live feed that Rohan specifically picked an earlier start time to avoid the conditions later in the day.
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Fastest ITT in Tour History...does he get yellow today (spoilers) [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWoo wrote:
That's kind of his fault, I thought I read on the cyclingnews live feed that Rohan specifically picked an earlier start time to avoid the conditions later in the day.

Yep. All the riders can choose where they start within the team's allocated slots, except Nibali who, as defending champion, had to go last.

Qunitana was another that chose an earlier start. Smart move in the end by him and Dennis.
Quote Reply