Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fall American TTT
Quote | Reply
Had no idea this was in the works. Registration opens today at noon.

http://hfpracingnews.wordpress.com/...le-t-ohio-announced/
Quote Reply
Re: Fall American TTT [TSimone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I go there fairly often and it's an amazingly nice park. Every time I comment that it's a shame no tri's were there (until now).

Huge lake, tons of long hilly roads, and tons of trails. We camped down there last weekend and it has four huge campgrounds well spaced, with really nice bath houses. Beautiful lodge too. You can run the bridle trails and not see a human for hours.

I definitely think this is a far better venue than the May race at Shawnee, so if you liked that one this should be great!
Quote Reply
Re: Fall American TTT [TSimone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just on the website 2 days ago thinking "it would be nice if this were held in the fall"
Quote Reply
Re: Fall American TTT [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And stick it on the same weekend as SavageMan. Same region, same clientele looking for a difficult, non-WTC experience. Eat each other's lunch. Makes a lot of sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall American TTT [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
somehow I doubt SavageMan was at all considered in their decision of a date ;-) plus HFP already run races all summer long, so combined with that schedule, and the available dates at the park, they were probably very limited in date choices. also they are 3hrs and several states apart, and neither are major races either so not like there's huge competition. both are neat smaller races and unlikely to compete much/at all
Last edited by: USPro Tri: Nov 1, 14 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that schedules are limited and existence of a race like SavageMan unlikely to play a role. But, disagree that the two races aren't competing over the same small pool of triathletes. Long-course triathletes who are Ironman fit or near it, but have chosen to not do one of the many Ironmans available in that time period. Anyone who would find TTT appealing would also find SavageMan appealing, and vice versa. So, they are eating each other's lunch. But, I agree, there are only so many weekends and schedules are full - athletes and RDs.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall American TTT [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would imagine anyway that most of the people who do the spring Triple-T will also want to do the fall Triple-T, so for the most part they ought to already have their field filled right there. Not sure about the cap on this new race, but the spring race caps at about ~400ish I believe. Plus a lot of people race as a two person same-sex or co-ed team, which of course would be a much different draw than Savageman. Likewise it's a 3-day 4-stage race, versus just a fairly typical one day half for Savageman. Both seem cool but very different draw in my mind anyway. I'd still like to do both though haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of people who have done both and I've always thought of the two as very synergistic. Different than typical triathlons, fun environment, pretty extreme. Yes, TTT is a stage triathlon, but the draw to that is that it is an abnormal and very difficult triathlon challenge. Just as the draw to SavageMan (70.0 at least) is that it is an abnormal, very difficult triathlon challenge. At least in my circle of triathlon friends, those who would consider (and have considered) one, would consider the other.

I find there to be very few events that are of the same ilk as SavageMan, and TTT is one of them. Survival of the Shawangunks another. As a fan of all events of this flavor, I just find it a shame that they are on the same day, because many folks would want to do each.
Quote Reply