Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FTP test tonight with bike race on saturday
Quote | Reply
As the title implies, i have my first bike race of the season this saturday which should be brutal with cold temps and rain (dunno about wind yet).

I have no expectancies since it will be my first year with the team. The goal is to help one of the guy take home the cup for the entire year (which should be quite doable since he's a monster).

Anyway i was wondering how good of an idea would it be to perform an ftp tonight? I leaves me about 60 hours to recover until the start of the race.

What does ST wisdom says good or bad?

Also i will be one of the last chance i get to test before season starts ramping up with bike races every weekend until middle of may.

Thanks in advance

JD
Quote Reply
Re: FTP test tonight with bike race on saturday [snoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are doing a season of bike racing you don't really need to test your FTP.

Also, yes, you will be 102% recovered by the race if you want to do a 60 minute TT tonight.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: FTP test tonight with bike race on saturday [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jack

Should also have stated that i will also be doing 70.3 in MT so not only doing bike racing.

Hope that explains the reasoning behind the ftp
Quote Reply
Re: FTP test tonight with bike race on saturday [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also

This is a recent bike ride i did with the team (4 of us).

care to have a quick look and comment as to whether my current FTP is set correctly (261).

The 1:28 ride gives me a TSS of 139 which i find a bit high

Anyway here is the link. Sorry there is about 10 to 12 minutes missing i believe

http://tpks.ws/cSW2
Quote Reply
Re: FTP test tonight with bike race on saturday [snoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A typical race week for me includes a very hard group ride on Wednesday (more TSS and harder than a test would be for sure) and a Saturday race. No issues recovering.