Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position?
Quote | Reply
This question comes up as an extension of a great thread from andreasjs (FOP (top 5%) AG IM bikers - what is your FTP per kg?)

For the fast bikers with an officially measured coefficient of drag, would you please share your CdA in your triathlon bike position and a profile photo of you in action on the bike?

Please also share your height, bike size, helmet choice, decision making process for equipment choice and any other pertinent measurements.

Let us learn how the best bikers become wind stealth...

Disclaimer: Of course, we all understand that many factors come into play in determining one's most efficient position on the bike, and a person's fit may not necessarily be appropriate for another person...

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [Tri Wannabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely! As long as the method of calculation for your CdA value is identified, it will allow us to be the judge.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [Tri Wannabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Estimated CdA around .22-.23 from various TT results at 6'3" 175lbs

Estimated .19-.20 from various TT results at 5'10" 135lbs

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBS estimated @ 0.24 (best I can do.... my Stages PM is of course useless for precise measurement.... and as a result my BBS estimate is therefore suspect as well.

The best photo I have. Sorry.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Estimated CdA around .22-.23 from various TT results at 6'3" 175lbs

Estimated .19-.20 from various TT results at 5'10" 135lbs

JM - when'd ya score a P5??

And why doesn't the fastest rider in the family have it? ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I borrowed it for a few duathlons and stage races in 2012-2013, marketing for the LBS, was the owner's bike.

At that time, I had all the TT records in the house, took them back while wife was pregnant. Genius. She got all but one back. Mopac TT no longer exists, so I own it by 2 second forever. muhahaha

Nevermind that she beat my 40k time by minutes..ugh

Murphy'sLaw wrote:

JM - when'd ya score a P5??

And why doesn't the fastest rider in the family have it? ;-)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Sep 23, 14 18:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Photo 17 I'll have to look up my CdA but it's pretty low maybe .20x iirc. I tested at the first AeroCamp.

I use a different helmet than pictured.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Aero_Camp_4145.html

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian,

Seeing as both you and the photo caption mention helmets, would you mind elaborating a little on that?

tx
Quote Reply
Re: FOP (top 5%) AG IM Bikers - what is your CdA & post a photo of your position? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian do you mind me asking what your effective seat-tube angle is there? Hard to tell from the picture, but doesn't look mega aggressive, almost as if you are sitting back a little and stretching out at the front. Can imagine the benefit in reduced frontal area for your upper arms, stretched out that way. Ok getting the power out?

Big thanks, Rich.
Quote Reply