Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FINA has now officially jumped the shark
Quote | Reply
https://swimswam.com/...changes-really-mean/

Changes to the World Cup program, limiting athletes to 4 events per stop and giving certain athletes direct access to finals.

Idiots.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: FINA has now officially jumped the shark [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too many old men earning too much money in power never bodes well for any organisation.
Quote Reply
Re: FINA has now officially jumped the shark [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally, I like what the National Federations do. Yeah, they have some missteps on occasion, but on the whole they have the good of the sport in mind.

FINA? The last good decision I can remember is getting rid of the plastic suits in 2010. Other than World Champs's, they should be out of organizing meets. USA Swimming, LEN, Swimming Canada, and others do a good job organizing enough competitions, and better ones than the World Cups.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More stupid stuff.
Very anti Ktinka. Though, the parade of champions at the end would benefit her.
The direct access to finals could mean only a couple of spots available in finals to qualifiers if everyone shows up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have missed the answer to this on swimswam, but is automatic entry into finals limited to only medalists from 2016? Because someone like Mel Stewart, or Mike Barrowman, Mary T Meagher, Tracy Caulkins, or even Brian Goodell, Shane Gould, Shirley Babashoff, Vladimir Salnikov, John Naber, or Mark Spitz could line up in lane 8...

...if they were back in the testing pool, and weren't concerned about getting crushed in the races, or worried about how they look in swimsuits these days...
Quote Reply