Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FELT AR1 - Crown Race question
Quote | Reply
Is there one? I bought the frame and it seems there isn't one included in the headset package. I think some Giant frames have no crown race.
Last edited by: Saundo: Nov 28, 15 11:01
Quote Reply
Re: FELT AR1 - Crown Race question [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am currently building up an AR frame as well and was wondering the same thing last night. Then I went and read the description of the fork on Felt's website and apparently it's integrated: http://feltbicycles.com/...ro/FRAMESET-AR1.aspx. Hope your build goes well!
Quote Reply
Re: FELT AR1 - Crown Race question [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22kjackson wrote:
I am currently building up an AR frame as well and was wondering the same thing last night. Then I went and read the description of the fork on Felt's website and apparently it's integrated: http://feltbicycles.com/...ro/FRAMESET-AR1.aspx. Hope your build goes well!

Thanks, I really should have read more carefully. I have the build almost done. Just putting the finishing touches on it now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saundo wrote:
Is there one? I bought the frame and it seems there isn't one included in the headset package. I think some Giant frames have no crown race.

No, it is integrated into the shape and structure of the fork.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! I'm still acquiring parts for mine and should begin the build in the next two weeks. I imagine it's fairly straightforward, but any other tricky bits you ran into that I should be aware of?
Quote Reply
Re: FELT AR1 - Crown Race question [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I ran the cables the first time I ended up with the front and rear shifter cables crossed near the bottom bracket. So shifting the front caused a shift in the back as well. So be careful when you are routing in that area and installing the cable guide. Other than that everything was pretty simple.
Quote Reply
Re: FELT AR1 - Crown Race question [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic, thanks for the insight!
Quote Reply
Re: FELT AR1 - Crown Race question [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have any issue with the cable routing through the mousetails provided? I tried to run the cables last night and the hole doesn't want to accommodate the cable diameter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used jagwire links for cabling so i ended up re-routing the liners using the liner that came with the jagwire kits. I had to slightly drill out the two cable stops on the down tube as well as the exit for the front derailler shifter cable on the seat tube. That one was a pain to get out but I was able to use a small flat head screwdriver to pry it out.
Quote Reply